Aix version

Post by Harjinder Dhudwa » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I would like to find out which version of AIX one of my RS/6000 is running ?

I have tried uname -v, but this only returns 4. I need to know 4.2.1 etc.

Much Appreciated.

Harjinder.

Aix version

Post by Burkhard Weebe » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Try "oslevel" and "lslpp -h bos.rte"

Harjinder Dhudwar schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:>I would like to find out which version of AIX one of my RS/6000 is running
?

>I have tried uname -v, but this only returns 4. I need to know 4.2.1 etc.

>Much Appreciated.

>Harjinder.

Aix version

Post by Paul-Marc Maro » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Harjinder Dhudwar a crit dans le message

Quote:>I would like to find out which version of AIX one of my RS/6000 is running
?

>I have tried uname -v, but this only returns 4. I need to know 4.2.1 etc.

>Much Appreciated.

>Harjinder.

Try oslevel command

Paul-Marc
"Once you discard the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable
, must be the truth."
-- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Aix version

Post by Mark Leuzinge » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

The command 'oslevel' should do the trick.  Anothe easy way to check you version
level is 'lslpp -l' and
this will show the release level of all installed licensed products.

Mark

> I would like to find out which version of AIX one of my RS/6000 is running ?

> I have tried uname -v, but this only returns 4. I need to know 4.2.1 etc.

> Much Appreciated.

> Harjinder.

Aix version

Post by David Hollingwort » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Harjinder

Try using the oslevel command for the general operating system release or
lslpp for information about specific software packages.

Regards
David Hollingworth

Quote:> I would like to find out which version of AIX one of my RS/6000 is running
?

> I have tried uname -v, but this only returns 4. I need to know 4.2.1 etc.

> Much Appreciated.

> Harjinder.

Aix version

Post by Larry Weldo » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Try typing 'oslevel'.

4.3.1.0

> I would like to find out which version of AIX one of my RS/6000 is running ?

> I have tried uname -v, but this only returns 4. I need to know 4.2.1 etc.

> Much Appreciated.

> Harjinder.

Aix version

Post by Valdis Kletniek » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Try using the oslevel command for the general operating system release or
> lslpp for information about specific software packages.

Note that there is a "gotcha" with using oslevel - if you have a system
that was (for instance) 4.3.1, and then *almost* fully upgraded to the
4.3.2 level, it will still report 4.3.1 until *every* LPP is at the 4.3.2
level.  This means that using it as a test for the presence of a feature
added in 4.3.2 may break - the feature may actually be present, since
the LPP in question is at the 4.3.2 level, but some other fileset is
causing oslevel to report 4.3.1

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download

Aix version

Post by Electran Corp » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

oslevel ... uname -a

later

> I would like to find out which version of AIX one of my RS/6000 is running ?

> I have tried uname -v, but this only returns 4. I need to know 4.2.1 etc.

> Much Appreciated.

> Harjinder.

1. AIX: install. over older AIX version HOW

I hope somebody can tell me the easiest way
to install  AIX 4.3.2  (RS6000) on an existing
AIX 4.1.5 System. I think I need to do a new install, since I have not
all the previous AIX 4.x.x CD-Rom Update Packages (?).
What is needed to install AIX 4.3.2 on a machine that
is running with an (much) older AIX version, but that (e.g. AIX 4.1.5)
could be delelted/overwritten (like installing on a 'clean' machine) ?

Thank you all a lot
Thilo

2. no action in my pants!!

3. AIX C 3.1.4 compiler generated executables not portable to older AIX Versions

4. RAID hardware solution for Linux?

5. aix version 4.3 CD pack

6. RPC services problem.

7. Setting up sendmail on AIX Version 4.3.3

8. Adaptec 2940UW

9. IBM AIX Version 3.2.5 on a RS6000 ftp, telnet, clients

10. Wanted AIX version 2

11. installing 2 AIX versions on one system

12. Problems using idl with aix version 4.3.2.0

13. Get AIX Version from a C program?