Maintenance Level Password

Post by Jon Baie » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone out there know of a way to reset the maintenance level password?
We are trying to upgrade to AIX 4.2 on a Rs/6000 F40 133Mhz. We are trying
to get into the BIOS to change boot order but are being prompted with a
password. Unfortunately the guy who set up the server is no longer with
us.....

Thanks

Maintenance Level Password

Post by Frank Krus » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You should be able to take the battery off the board to clear the SMS
password.

> Does anyone out there know of a way to reset the maintenance level password?
> We are trying to upgrade to AIX 4.2 on a Rs/6000 F40 133Mhz. We are trying
> to get into the BIOS to change boot order but are being prompted with a
> password. Unfortunately the guy who set up the server is no longer with
> us.....

> Thanks

Maintenance Level Password

Post by Frank Krus » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Be sure to put it back after about 5 minutes.

> You should be able to take the battery off the board to clear the SMS
> password.

> > Does anyone out there know of a way to reset the maintenance level password?
> > We are trying to upgrade to AIX 4.2 on a Rs/6000 F40 133Mhz. We are trying
> > to get into the BIOS to change boot order but are being prompted with a
> > password. Unfortunately the guy who set up the server is no longer with
> > us.....

> > Thanks

Maintenance Level Password

Post by Frank Krus » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You should be able to take the battery off the board to clear the SMS
password.

> Does anyone out there know of a way to reset the maintenance level password?
> We are trying to upgrade to AIX 4.2 on a Rs/6000 F40 133Mhz. We are trying
> to get into the BIOS to change boot order but are being prompted with a
> password. Unfortunately the guy who set up the server is no longer with
> us.....

> Thanks

1. Maintenance Level 9 4.3.3 ML9 4330-09 Update PTF# U480014

For those planning patch upgrades.....

PTF number has been assigned: U480014

PTF details aren't public yet, but
it looks to be right around the corner
now.

BIP

***** APAR Info *****

APAR NUMBER: IY22024           RESOLVED AS: PROGRAM ERROR

ABSTRACT:
IY22024: AIX 4330-09 RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE LEVEL
RMIPP 433009

ORIGINATING DETAILS:
This APAR delivers the 4330-09 Recommended Maintenance Level for
AIX 4.3.3.  This package applies to AIX 4.3.3 only, and should
be ordered specifying a service level of 4330 or higher.
.
This is a packaging APAR only.  It will not appear in the list
of APARs on the SMIT "Update Software by Fix (APAR)" panel, nor
will the 'instfix' command show this APAR as being installed
after the updates delivered by this package are installed.
.
To install all updates from this package that apply to installed
filesets on your system, use the command:
.
  smit update_all
.
Installing all updates is recommended.  However, you can install
selected updates from this package using the command:
.
  smit update_by_fix
.
Once installed, you can determine if all fileset updates for the
4330-09 level are installed using the following command.  The
'oslevel' command will still indicate AIX 4.3.3.0.
.
  instfix -ik 4330-09_AIX_ML
.
If the output indicates that not all filesets are found, you
can determine which filesets are not updated using the command:
.
  instfix -ciqk 4330-09_AIX_ML | grep ":-:"

LOCAL FIX AS REPORTED BY ORIGINATOR:

RESPONDER SUMMARY:
Packaging only.

RESPONDER CONCLUSION:
Packaging only.

TEMPORARY FIX:

COMMENTS:

APAR INFORMATION:
Reported to correct a PTF in error:     NO
Reported as a highly pervasive problem: NO
Reported as a duplicate problem:        NO

PE Apar?:       NoPE
HIPER Apar?:    NoHIPER
DUP Apar?:      NoDUP
Component Name: AIX 4.3.0
Version:        430
Component ID:   5765C3403
Submitted:      01/08/01
Closed:         01/08/01
Last Modified:  01/09/06
Change Team:    TX2727

FIX INFORMATION:
Reported release thought to contain the error: R430

Applicable Component Levels:
R430 PSN U480014 UP01/09/06 I      1000
R431 PSN         UP
R432 PSN         UP
R433 PSN         UP

APAR is fixed by one or more of the following PTFs:
U480014

APAR is sysrouted FROM one or more of the following items:
IY17356

APAR is sysrouted TO one or more of the following items:
U480014

2. GIMP

3. Maintenance Level on AIX and instfix -i

4. Totally Free Internet Access for Linux!

5. maintenance level 10 disappeared

6. Canon BJC-600 won't print....

7. AIX Maintenance Level 7 back to 6

8. Stack trace issue- porting from Solaris to AIX

9. Maintenance Level upgrade problem

10. Maintenance level

11. Careful when you apply maintenance levels

12. AIX Maintenance Level ....

13. AIX 4.3.3 Maintenance Level Upgrades