Xmperf question

Post by phi.. » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

This question is specific to IBM's Performance Toolbox version 2 April
1997 Edition.

 I have 5 HACMP clusters serving a client. They are each on their own
class B network (10.68.x.x, 10.69.x.x, etc). Each class B network is
connected to all others
 via a big beefy Linux router. So
 interconnectivity between the systems is there.

 The problem I have is that xmperf performance monitoring tool is unable
to see the other systems in order to network monitor them (via xmservd)
since they are
 on different networks. If I open up a multi host monitor skelaton, it
only sees the local host's interfaces, not any of the other systems on
the other networks.

 I am able to see all three clusters through xmperf on another client
(those three systems are on the same 154.2.32. network).

 My question is, how would I or could I get xmperf to see all of the
xmservd (remote monitored systems) on those other class B networks?

 Thanks in advance!!

 Regards,
 Philip Greer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Xmperf question

Post by hoo.. » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Edit Rsi.hosts file and put the subnets in there and save in the
/etc/perf directory.  Check in "/usr/samples/perfmgr" for a sample file.

Albert

Post by Jose Pina Coelh » Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>  My question is, how would I or could I get xmperf to see all of the
> xmservd (remote monitored systems) on those other class B networks?

There is a configuration file where you can add a list of machines.

--
Doing AIX support was the most monty-pythonesque
activity available at the time.