NFS mounting problem from AIX 4.1.4 to AIX 3.2.5

NFS mounting problem from AIX 4.1.4 to AIX 3.2.5

Post by vijay gup » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi !

I am trying to NFS mount a filesystem from a machine running AIX 4.1.4
to a machine running AIX 3.2.5.

The machine keeps giving the problem :
NFS fsstat failed for server sabine1: RPC: Timed out

If I reboot the AIX 4.1.4 machine (sabine1.med) the NFS mount seems to be
working okay for some time and then again starts giving the same problems.

Both machines are on the same network and are up and running. I can ftp
from one to another, rsh and ping too work fine.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems.

Any idea what could be wrong.

Thanks in advance

Bye
Vijay

1. NFS mount error AIX to AIX

When I try to mount an exported directory, I get the following error
messages on the client system:

# mount -n AS_SAPTest "/SAP-Transfer" /as_saptest
mount: 1831-011 access denied for AS_SAPTest:/SAP-Transfer
mount: 1831-008 giving up on:
AS_SAPTest:/SAP-Transfer
The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

The AIX documentation does give no real explanation to the error codes
1831-01 and 1831-008 (according to them that error would only happen
during a umount operation)
--
K.B.

"Es ist alles sehr kompliziert!" ("It is all very complicated!")
Fred Sinowatz, former Austrian Chancellor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. RedHat 5.1 Installation to LS-120 Failing

3. AIX 4.3.3 can't mount other AIX NFS - HP-UX, Sol, IRIX ok!

4. interesting article on MS disinformation policy

5. problems with cross-nfs mount between AIX and Linux

6. accessing state from signal handler

7. nfs mount problem from linux to aix

8. 486 mininal install question

9. problem mounting FreeBSD NFS under AIX 5

10. PROBLEM: XFS on LVM over NFS (Linux) mounted by AIX

11. NFS mounting problems between AIX and LynxOS

12. NFS Mounting AIX problem

13. Problems NFS mount AIX files to Solaris