Searching for Ethernet Adapter RS6000 G40

Searching for Ethernet Adapter RS6000 G40

Post by SuperSearch » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:55:55

Hi, i am searching for an ethernet adapter for a rs6000 (7012 G40 /
7012-44-80587). the server has dual processor and 6 mca slots. at this
time there is a tr adapter build in which works fine, but i want to
get it to 10Mbit or if it is possible to 100 Mbit ethernet. I think
that there are several adapters from ibm, like the fc2992 or fc2994. i
read that there is an adapter from 3Com, the 3c523, but i don't know
if it works and if there are drivers available for aix4.3.3.

further to that i am searching for an vga-adapter for that machine.

does anyone know?

Thanks,

Regards Wolf

Searching for Ethernet Adapter RS6000 G40

Post by Andreas Schlag » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:56:57

Quote:>[...]

>further to that i am searching for an vga-adapter for that machine.

>does anyone know?

Hi Wolf,

I'm using a 13W3 to 5BNC-Cable which IBM provides (not very cheap!), and I
use a standard PC Monitor. This works.

hth.

Andreas.

Searching for Ethernet Adapter RS6000 G40

Post by Sparks Famil » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:11:40

The PCI version that I have are Allied Telesis. The PCI graphics Cards , is
a MATOX Millineum. I'm told you can use an S3 Virge PCI chipset. as well. I
also read that you can use a  3Com card too. My MC Version I have not opened
up in two years...maybe it time...???hmmm

Quote:> Hi, i am searching for an ethernet adapter for a rs6000 (7012 G40 /
> 7012-44-80587). the server has dual processor and 6 mca slots. at this
> time there is a tr adapter build in which works fine, but i want to
> get it to 10Mbit or if it is possible to 100 Mbit ethernet. I think
> that there are several adapters from ibm, like the fc2992 or fc2994. i
> read that there is an adapter from 3Com, the 3c523, but i don't know
> if it works and if there are drivers available for aix4.3.3.

> further to that i am searching for an vga-adapter for that machine.

> does anyone know?

> Thanks,

> Regards Wolf

Searching for Ethernet Adapter RS6000 G40

Post by SurplusRS600 » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:41:15

I have MCA ethernet adapters...

www.surplusrs6000.com

$25.00 Each Used

FEA 2980 , Adapter 2-1, FRU 00G3369

Ethernet High-Performance LAN Adapter Type 2-1 - #2980

http://www.surplusrs6000.com/mcafeat.html

Quote:>Hi, i am searching for an ethernet adapter for a rs6000 (7012 G40 /
>7012-44-80587). the server has dual processor and 6 mca slots. at this
>time there is a tr adapter build in which works fine, but i want to
>get it to 10Mbit or if it is possible to 100 Mbit ethernet. I think
>that there are several adapters from ibm, like the fc2992 or fc2994. i
>read that there is an adapter from 3Com, the 3c523, but i don't know
>if it works and if there are drivers available for aix4.3.3.

>further to that i am searching for an vga-adapter for that machine.

>does anyone know?

>Thanks,

>Regards Wolf

Searching for Ethernet Adapter RS6000 G40

Post by Shaun Ollivierr » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:06:09

On 24 Jan 2002 06:56:57 GMT

> >[...]

> >further to that i am searching for an vga-adapter for that machine.

> >does anyone know?

> Hi Wolf,

> I'm using a 13W3 to 5BNC-Cable which IBM provides (not very cheap!), and I
> use a standard PC Monitor. This works.

> hth.

> Andreas.

You should take a quick look on eBay.  I was surprised with the amount of rs/6000 things people are selling.  Besides, it would be alot cheaper then getting them from IBM.

Hope that helps.

1. Help for RS6000 G40

Bonjour,

Dsol de ne pas m'exprimer en anglais, mais je ne
maitrise pas suffisament cette langue.
J'ai un serveur RS6000 G40 sous AIX4.2 avec une carte
ethernet BNC/ AUI l'intrieur. Cette carte marche trs bien
elle est dclare en en0 et et0. Rcemment j'ai rajout
une carte ethernet RJ45, mais lors du boot machine, la carte n'a
pas t reconnue. Un message l'cran m'indique que 'diag -a'
a t lanc pour dterminer la nature de la carte. Et puis plus rien.
A priori je ne dispose pas du driver associ cette carte, mais je ne sais
pas o me le procurer!

Merci d'avance

2. pci2memory-posting enabled ?

3. FS: IBM RS6000 G40 w/SSA

4. HPLaserjetIIIp not printing

5. Help RE: RS6000 (G40) Video

6. How to decrease quality of printing on HP DJ?

7. Fast Ethernet Adapters for RS6000 J40

8. Sharing Swap Space with Windows

9. changing ethernet adaptor on ibm rs6000

10. multiple port ethernet adapters for RS6000

11. Network adapter compatability HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter

12. RH51, ETHERNET: IBM ISA Ethernet adapter help!

13. Ethernet adapter in promiscuous mode on switched ethernet?