Does hacmp synchronisations need hacmp started ?

Does hacmp synchronisations need hacmp started ?

Post by Frédéric Norman » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 22:02:21

Though I have followed the IBM training lessons on hacmp
administration, I cannot remember if this topic has been treated.

If hacmp is running on my node and I want to synchronize the topology
or the resources from my node to a remote node,  does this need hacmp
running on the remote node ?

On the  other side, if hacmp is *not* running on my node, can I
synchronize a remote node with hacmp running ?

Regards

Post by Piyush Ghela » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 06:56:50

> Though I have followed the IBM training lessons on hacmp
> administration, I cannot remember if this topic has been treated.

> If hacmp is running on my node and I want to synchronize the topology
> or the resources from my node to a remote node,  does this need hacmp
> running on the remote node ?

> On the  other side, if hacmp is *not* running on my node, can I
> synchronize a remote node with hacmp running ?

> Regards

You can sync cluster from any runnig node. Final cluster config will
be from the node where "cldare" was initiated.

And , NO . You can not sync cluster from "not" running node to
"running" node. If one of the node is not active in cluster, you MUST
start sync from "active " node.

1. Difference between HACMP and HACMP/ES

Hi all,

Someone can explain me what is the difference between HACMP and
HACMP/ES ?

I have two nodes (S85) connected to two ESS boxes (for mirroring)
across FC adapters, and running HACMP/ES. Is it really necessary
HACMP/ES for this situation ?
This version of HACMP has been delivery automaticly by IBM without any
information from us...

Many thanks for your informations.

Charles.

2. network configurations?

3. Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

4. SLIP

5. HACMP synchronization

6. how do i remove a file with a ~ in it ????

7. HACMP user synchronisation and LDAP

8. SUN U30 and 36GB --> No Booting

9. HACMP passwd synchronisation

10. HACMP solutions done right.

11. How to auto-start of HACMP

12. HACMP: starting applications on a single node?

13. Start Oracle at HACMP