Power supply F40

Post by Hans Lammert » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:58:35

Hi,

maybe a bit off topic, but haven't found any other newsgroup to post this
in.
I own a 7025-F40 of which recently the power supply broke down.
When I attach the power cord it makes a funny, very high pitched noise (like
sparks leaking in a transformer), the blower won't start and (obviously)
nothing works anymore.
If I press and hold down the test button, after a while the green led comes
on and the blower starts turning. When I release the test button, the blower
stops again and the green led comes off again.

Anyone out there that has had similar experiences ?
Is there anything I can do myself (I am a radio amateur, so I do know a bit
of electronics...) ?
The service manual of the F40 states that power supplies are non-servicable
and should be replaced as a unit.
If this is necessary, can anyone tell me where I would have the best shot at
obtaining such a power supply (preferrably in the Netherlands of course) ?

The power supply data:
Model        :    AA19710
IBM P/N    :    07L7475
EC NO       :    E77716
FRU NO    :     07L7476

Thanks!

Hans

1. What backup power supply can protect the fs against power outage?

Has anyone experince with power units like the APC Backup-UPS 280 for Linux
running on a 486?  I suppose one cannot guess this since the file structure
(especially in X11) must have its own time characteristic for breakdown. Don

--
Donald F. Parsons MD, Wadsworth Ctr. Rm C273, NY State Dept of Health, ESP,
PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201-0509. (518)474-7047 Fax: (518)474-7992

2. SOCK_PACKET and datalink layer access from user space program

3. power supply for culzean (dec2000/500) ?

4. FTP Ports

5. Power supply for DEC PC164 motherboard

6. IPChains and FTP

7. AXPpci 33 Power Supply?

8. Help with KDE in Slackware 3.6

9. Digital Personal Workstation power supply replacement

10. ATX 12V Power Supply

11. I Buy Power Supply(Spain)

12. power supply: consumption calculation?

13. AT on IBM PS/2 XT power supply?