AIX4.2 sendmail.cfDB Not Generating

Post by Steven Pilgr » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am trying, without sucess, to get a new RS6000 machine to send and
receive mail with the rest of the machines on the network.

The machine doesn't yet have a compiled /etc/sendmail.cfDB and when I
try "/usr/lib/sendmail -bz" I get the message: "Frozen configuration
files are unsupported".

Can anyone offer any advice on sendmail or where to go?

Thanks,
Steve

AIX4.2 sendmail.cfDB Not Generating

Post by Martin Timmerma » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I am trying, without sucess, to get a new RS6000 machine to send and
>receive mail with the rest of the machines on the network.

>The machine doesn't yet have a compiled /etc/sendmail.cfDB and when I
>try "/usr/lib/sendmail -bz" I get the message: "Frozen configuration
>files are unsupported".

AIX Version 4.2 uses sendmail 8.7, which does not need or use
/etc/sendmail.cfDB. Previous versions of AIX used sendmail 5.

Post by simo » Mon, 16 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I am trying, without sucess, to get a new RS6000 machine to send and
> receive mail with the rest of the machines on the network.
> The machine doesn't yet have a compiled /etc/sendmail.cfDB and when I
> try "/usr/lib/sendmail -bz" I get the message: "Frozen configuration
> files are unsupported".

Yeah, don't run sendmail -bz.  Sendmail will read the standard config (~.cf)
file when it starts up, (OR when you 'refresh -s sendmail' OR (if you're
not using IBM's sendmail or even if you are for that matter)
if you 'kill -HUP {sendmail-pid}

It doesn't cause me any major hassles so I've never used it.
--

          http://prime-mover.cc.waikato.ac.nz
University of Waikato, Private Bag 3105, Hamilton, New Zealand..

1. A script to generate sendmail.cf then restart sendmail

The following shell script generates a new sendmail.cf
from sendmail.mc then restarts sendmail to force it to
use the new sendmail.cf.

#!/bin/sh
#
# generate new configuration
#
m4 /usr/local/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
#
# restart sendmail using new configuration
#
killall -SIGHUP sendmail

--
Mach

Turning and returning to some secret place to hide.

2. Newbie is in trouble !!!

3. rxvt2.4.5 executable from AIX4.3.0 dog slow on aix4.3.2

4. How to cdrecord on ibook2?

5. what different is it to hook the system call between aix4.2.1 and aix4.3.3?

6. PPP failure

7. Q:sendmail compile with AIX4.3.2/vacV4.5

8. Looking for a CD-ROM-Server Software running on Linux fron Win32-Clients

9. Where can I get compiled Sendmail.8.10 for AIX4.2 ?

10. sendmail/mh problem on AIX4.2

11. Aix 4.2.1 running sendmail AIX4.2/UCB 8.7 How do I stop relaying?

12. sendmail 8.11 makemap failed on aix4.3

13. Sendmail sends but can't receive on AIX4.3