1. Where am I loosing packets?
I was trying to measure the throughput that can be achieved
between two Sparc 2 machines when I observed a very strange behavior:
Although throughput would increase as expected as I increased the
socket buffer sizes, when buffers reached about 28 KBytes the throughput
begun to drop. It kept dropping as the buffers were made larger,
until it was down to 3 Mbps at 51 KBytes. Before this the throughput was
more than 8 Mbps! (very lightly loaded Ethernet, nothing else running on
To measure the thoughput I used simple client and server programs
timing the data transfer. A total of 10 Mbytes was transmitted for
the experiment. The Sparcs are running SunOS 4.1.
It seems to me that some packets are being lost when the buffers
exceed a certain size. Any ideas where and why?
3. Is this a bug or am I loosing it....
5. APPLIX: wordcount.am 1.1 - Word count macro for Words
6. ESS Sound not being recognized
7. Why socket can loose its name?
8. Summary: Solaris 2.4x86 on ASUStek Dual Pentium
9. Why do curses programs under OS5 loose their extended characters on the console.
10. Why does my clock keeps loosing time?
11. Why am I not 'Logged in' ?
12. Why I am getting two IP addresses when I connect to my work through VPN