CDE on pc with Reflections?

Post by jboyc » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

You will need any pc X server.  Like ReflectionsX, eXceed, OmniX, or others.

    I will be installing AIX 4.3 and I like the CDE that you can run at the console.

    I currently have Reflections TCP suite for UNIX and Digital. And I connect via telnet.

    Is there a way to run the CDE on my PC through my Reflections telnet session?

    Or will I have to have ReflectionsX?
    Judy L Hinchcliffe

    MIS Lockwood

1. CDE errors using Reflection on PC

I have a RS/6000 running AIX 4.2 as a host server.
No problem running CDE on system console. This
shows that CDE has been properly installed.

However, when I try to start up CDE using
Reflection from a local PC through a Novell
network with the command
line "xinit /usr/dt/bin/Xsession. The following
errors appear on my PC:

1362-011 The X Server can only be run from lft
terminal.
1356-800 xinit: Unable to start the X server.
1356-805 xinit: Giving up.
1356-811 xinit: Unable to connect to X server.
1356-803 xinit: Server error.
1356-804 xinit: Client error.

Appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks
Eddy Chin
(You may send your reply to my

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Call for Internationalization Volunteers.

3. Xwindows for AIX CDE (Reflexion ???)

4. OS's and Choice...

5. Reflection X problems on newer CDE

6. Can mlock prevent system flash dirty pages to HD when mmap a regular file ?

7. Xwindows for AIX CDE (Reflexion ???)

8. about seting up from a fat32 partition with col\lauch\dos\install.bat

9. Working on AIX trhough a PC and Reflection emulator

10. CDE, CDE, CDE, --- !@#%^*_(!#$

11. CDE on PC

12. Want to run CDE 1.0.2 on my PC XTerm software

13. CDE (login screen to PC)