Can't stop AIX and Jet Direct print Jobs

Can't stop AIX and Jet Direct print Jobs

Post by Ray Parr » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:24:01

Our universe application has a bug that allows users to accidently
print 100's of copies of reports. We have 3 port external HP direct
500 print servers with HP4000's and oki ml320's attached to the print
server.  We can cancel the laser printer by using the cancel print job
button.  Somehow even if we kill the print job in Aix we can't stop
the oki from printing.  We turn off the printer, turn off the print
server, it no longer shows in the aix queue, but some how it keeps
printing.  Any ideas while we wait for the application to be fixed???

Can't stop AIX and Jet Direct print Jobs

Post by Larry Star » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 12:54:03

Quote:> Our universe application has a bug that allows users to accidently
> print 100's of copies of reports. We have 3 port external HP direct
> 500 print servers with HP4000's and oki ml320's attached to the print
> server.  We can cancel the laser printer by using the cancel print job
> button.  Somehow even if we kill the print job in Aix we can't stop
> the oki from printing.  We turn off the printer, turn off the print
> server, it no longer shows in the aix queue, but some how it keeps
> printing.  Any ideas while we wait for the application to be fixed???

Just a guess, but it sounds like the job is on the print server, at this point
and your problem is there.  I can't imagine it surviving the poweroff, power on
though.

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and
mountaineering; all the rest are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway

Post by Sholm » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:51:06

> > Our universe application has a bug that allows users to accidently
> > print 100's of copies of reports. We have 3 port external HP direct
> > 500 print servers with HP4000's and oki ml320's attached to the print
> > server.  We can cancel the laser printer by using the cancel print job
> > button.  Somehow even if we kill the print job in Aix we can't stop
> > the oki from printing.  We turn off the printer, turn off the print
> > server, it no longer shows in the aix queue, but some how it keeps
> > printing.  Any ideas while we wait for the application to be fixed???

> Just a guess, but it sounds like the job is on the print server, at this point
> and your problem is there.  I can't imagine it surviving the poweroff, power on
> though.

We've had that problem once in awhile and we have to unplug the power
to the printer. That way the memory buffer will clear. Turning the
switch off/on won't do it. Just my 2 cents.

Sholman

1. AIX ,Jet-direct and continious printing

Hi,
I have two Epson printers conected to the Jetdirect 3+.
I defined two remote printer queue. Name of QUEUE on remote server
(jet-direct) are
raw1 and raw2. My problem is that, when I print on this printers, the
printer queue from my RS/6000 are not removed. The result is that the
printers print until the queue is manualy removed from the system.
Can anybody help me?
Jacek Cembrowicz

2. Date conversions using DATE

3. Aix printing to multi-port jet direct

4. Initial Setup Problems... Help?!

5. AIX 3.25 Printing to Jet Direct

6. Goodstuff Startup

7. Aix printing to multi-port jet direct

8. LILO: MBR vs Superblock in root partition

9. Jet direct and solaris 2.6 - wont print from print tool -error invalid pers

10. adding Laser Jet with Jet Direct

11. Network Printing from an HP Jet Direct Box

12. HP Jet-Direct Print servers & Linux compatability

13. Printing Problem Jet Direct / Samba