mail attachement

Post by Normand St-Mauric » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:43:07

hi
    how can I send an attachement with the mail command

attachement.

mail attachement

Post by Brian Strawdinge » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:27:22

> hi
>     how can I send an attachement with the mail command

> attachement.

We use a program called mpack for sending emails with attachments. It
can be found here:

http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/packages/mpack.html

Brian

mail attachement

Post by Michael Sell » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:47:37

> hi
>     how can I send an attachement with the mail command

> attachement

To send a mail with attechment with the mail command just append
<  <filename>

mail attachement

Post by Ben Kame » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:05:11

While that would "insert" the file into the email, it wouldn't send it as
a mime attachment.. you'd need something external for that... like a tcl or perl
script...

So the next question is: do you need to send attachments in mime format?

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - Fixer of Broken Things

mail attachement

You could uuencode files from command line

Post by Wladimir Mute » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:00:21

>     how can I send an attachement with the mail command

> attachement.

        Email client 'mutt' can do that. www.mutt.org .

mail attachement

Post by news.volvo.s » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:55:01

Or you can use the following command:

/Alain De Witte

?D():

> >     how can I send an attachement with the mail command

> > attachement.

> Email client 'mutt' can do that. www.mutt.org .

1. mail attachements via MIME ?

Hi, I have the need to create e-mail with attachments on my
SCO machine and send these messages out to cc:Mail users.  I
am under the impression that this could be accomplished by
creating these messages in MIME format and then sending them.
I was wondering:
1. Is this assumption correct
2. Are there any utilities available to allow me to create
   these messages.

Thanks,
Don

2. fdisk problem

3. Mail attachement in batch

4. BIOS Boot Limit !?

5. Mail Attachements

6. New onset Linux/disk crash!

7. command line mail attachement

8. assign IP to MMDF

9. Can not download mails with attachements... sounds simple?!

10. mail an attachement + text in a shellscript

11. Attachements in mail

12. Sending attachement using mail command

13. Sending Mail with an attachement using sendmail