adding font directory (AIX 4.3.3)

Post by Mindelis Jac » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:42:58

Hi all,

I'm trying to add font directory with xset (xset fp+ path) but it doen't
seem to work. Tried to recreate the fonts.dir with mkfontdir, but it
didn't help. What can be wrong?

TIA,
Jack.

Post by Stephane Chazel » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:57:39

> I'm trying to add font directory with xset (xset fp+ path) but it doen't
> seem to work. Tried to recreate the fonts.dir with mkfontdir, but it
> didn't help. What can be wrong?

Have you tried to do a:

xset fp rehash
?

--
Stphane

Post by Mindelis Jac » Sat, 29 Sep 2001 04:51:35

> > I'm trying to add font directory with xset (xset fp+ path) but it doen't
> > seem to work. Tried to recreate the fonts.dir with mkfontdir, but it
> > didn't help. What can be wrong?

> Have you tried to do a:

> xset fp rehash

Yes, it didn't help.

Quote:> --
> Stphane

The strange thing that I don't get the directories appear in the output of
"xset q". When I tried to "xset fp+" to  the same directory on SGI (the
same one, NFS mounted), it complained , and after I did "mkfontdir" there,
it can be added and I can tha added fonts with xlsfonts.

Jack.

1. Acrobat 3.01 and Fonts: adding fonts

Hi,

I am using the latest version of adobe Acrobat Reader 3.01.
Unfortunately, it is too often complaining about the lack of fonts.
Is there a way to increase the fonts available to acroread?  Where
can I get the extra fonts? I have been looking on dejanews for a
solution but I have not find one.

Two recent trial prompted error message
messages about fonts lacking. The first was about WPGreekCourier ,
this led to an unreadable document. The second was about
'Symbol,Italic' , the document was still readable.

Any pointer to fix this problem is appreciated.

Thanks

Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
Canada, K7L 3N3       Running Linux Redhat 5.0

2. Query on UI

3. AIX 4.2, kanji fonts, and font 'k14'.

4. Export 'acpi_disabled' symbol to modules...

5. AIX lft fonts - to psf fonts ?

6. Microsoft natural multimedia keyboard

7. FONTS FONTS AND MORE FONTS

8. major failure

9. FONTS FONTS FONTS... LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!

10. How to add Applix font to StarOffice?

11. Add font for X ?

12. adding true-type fonts to Netscape

13. How to add fonts to Openwin??