Restricting an ftp user to a given directory

Restricting an ftp user to a given directory

Post by Pete » Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:40:54

Is there any means of restricting a ftp user to
the directory that they are logged in to on
the ftpd that ships with AIX 4.0+ ?

If not, then what is the preferred 3rd party
ftpd: wu-ftpd, ProFTPD ?

Peter

Post by Gary L. Dalto » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:40:15

>Is there any means of restricting a ftp user to
>the directory that they are logged in to on
>the ftpd that ships with AIX 4.0+ ?

No - only the anonymous (or ftp) login is restricted

Quote:>If not, then what is the preferred 3rd party
>ftpd: wu-ftpd, ProFTPD ?

We use wu-ftpd with great success - very configurable.

Gary Dalton - Verizon

1. restrict view of user ftp directories

Hello,

I want to restricit the users who log in via ftp to only thier
directory. I don't want them to be able to chdir above their home
directory. Does anyone know how to do this. I know it can be done with
the /etc/ftpaccess and the use of guest but this would require an
entry for each user???

Thanks
Dennis

2. Mac only a toy!

3. Restricted user can still change directory when running FTP

4. scp over a shell script

5. How to restrict ftp user to a directory

6. updfstab screws up

7. Restricting ftp directory access on a per user basis

8. Linux on WinNT Network

9. Restrict ftp user to certain directory tree?

10. restrict ftp user to home directory but view contents

11. Restricting User Access to Directories on FTP

12. How to restrict user's FTP home directory.

13. Restrict ftp users to a specific directory