what process bind to what processor ?

Post by Than » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 04:16:06

Is there an 'ls*' that will tell me what processes are binding
to what processor ?

Thanks,
Thanh

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Than » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:12:54

> > Is there an 'ls*' that will tell me what processes are binding
> > to what processor ?

> Look at the BND column of

> $ ps -emo THREAD

> What are you trying to determine, anyway?

Thanks. I was just curious why bindprocessor(1) command and function
did not mention other commands to check/view the status.

Thanh

Quote:

> Regards,

> Nick Dronen

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Binding a process to a processor

I wanted to know if there is any way with the current kernel, if there is
any way to bind/tie a process to a particular processor.
Searching with google took me to some discussions about some non standard
kernel hacks, that enables this functionality. But since they were from
1999, I am not sure if 2.4 series kernel has added this functionality.

If not, can somebody tell if this is to be expected in the coming 2.6 series
kernel.

--sony

2. help with: sed '/^END/,/^BEGIN/d'

3. binding a process to a processor

4. what client message for window movement and resize?

5. Binding a process to a specific processor.

6. Keyboard Woes

7. Allocating processes to processors/processor sets

8. Installing XFree86 4.2.0.

9. find the process bound to a listen process

10. Binding "Threads" to processors under Solaris 2.3

11. Processor bind info

12. Can I bind a thread on specified processor ?

13. Binding thread to a processor