load maps

Post by Edward Malthou » Sun, 07 Feb 1993 01:45:16

I am coding in C under AIX and I am getting the following error message:

0706-316 Error: Type mismatches detected. References dumped to load map.

What is a load map and how do I access it?  I have looked in the xlc/cc man
pages as well as in info and found nothing.  Please respond via e-mail and I
will summarize if there is interest.

Thank you

Ed Malthouse

load maps

Post by ja.. » Fri, 19 Feb 1993 05:24:29

> Subject: load maps

> I am coding in C under AIX and I am getting the following error message:

> 0706-316 Error: Type mismatches detected. References dumped to load map.

> What is a load map and how do I access it?  I have looked in the xlc/cc man
> pages as well as in info and found nothing.  Please respond via e-mail and I
> will summarize if there is interest.

> Thank you

> Ed Malthouse

The loadmap is a file with the verbose output of the linker.  In the
original incantations of ld in AIX 3.1, the default action was to produce a
file, called load.map, with this information.  Users complained that they were
generating files they felt were unnecessary and wasteful.  So, in (I believe)
AIX 3.1.5, the default action was to not generate the file and only make it if
the user specifically specified it.  This is done with the linker flag
-bloadmap:<file-name.  Use the -bnoquiet flag to see the output on the
screen.

Jaime Vazquez
AIX Technical Support
IBM AWD-Austin/2830

<Standard disclaimers apply.>

1. Load maps?

Does anyone know how to get the Fortran compiler to generate a load
map?  It is not entirely clear what compiler flags need to be set.
I tried several combinations (-Wl,-M as I recall) but that did not
appear to do anything useful.  Anyone done this???

JHH
--
Disclaimer:  I didn't do it.
Jim Hudgens             Supercomputer Computations Research Institute

2. ne2000 loadable module ???

3. no keyboard "cannot load map"

4. Redhat /etc/rc.d mystifys me!

5. driver load map

6. WANTED: PASCAL for linux

7. Image Map/Thumbnail creator to reduce server load...

8. Q: LinuX and EAFS file system

9. Module won't load - doesn't like System.map - ??

10. Help! cannot load color map !

11. how do I load another keyboard map?

12. error:X unable to load xkb.map???