AIX 3.2.5 - Removing shared libs from mem/swap...

AIX 3.2.5 - Removing shared libs from mem/swap...

Post by Jerome Gay / AT » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi folks,

Does anybody know a way of freeing memory by removing shared libraries
loaded and no longer used....
Sure, I know the 'slibclean' command accessible by root, but is there any
means for a standard user to do that ?

Thanx

Best regards,

Jerome Gay

Customer Systems Support Engineer

Visit our web site at URL : http://www.aspentec.com

1. monitoring/controlling mem/swap/shared mem

Just implementing an application that uses load of shared memory. The
meaning of shared memory of course is that it stays in memory for very fast
access of data and its not swapped to disk.

So now I'd like to know some basic stategies about monitoring longterm
mem-activities (using board-tools like ps, top, ipcs ... or are there
better tools ?)

Additionally I'd like to know if there are ways to guarantee, that a
specified mem-segment is not swapped at all ?

I feel that this is not the best group for asking such questions, so any
points to more appropriate groups would also be appreatiated.

thnx,
peter

--
peter pilsl

http://www.goldfisch.at

2. test post

3. Metrolink Motif2.0 shared lib too much mem problem

4. NNTP through firewall ?

5. help: free list of vmstat does free up when shared mem removed

6. Linux install on logical partition

7. Help - shared libs lib****.so.4 lib***.so.5

8. full-duplex NIC setting

9. Q: Mem management in shared mem

10. AIX 4.1.4 Shared Mem

11. AIX and SysV shared mem, etc.

12. SOLVED-- Apache Shared Mem Really Isn't Shared

13. problem building shared libs on AIX 4.3.3