gnu bash

Post by David Newt » Sun, 09 Dec 1990 04:54:48

   Anyone do a port of bash yet?  I got it to compile, but it bombs after
any command.  In the malloc code there are references to a symbol "etext"
that I have no idea where it should be getting that from...

   If any one has any clues, let me know.  (I tried not using their malloc
code and it was just as hideous).

Thanx in advance...

--

1890 Maple St.      |------------------------| this just is forwarded to the
Evanston, IL  60201 |________________________| top address, so don't bother.

gnu bash

Post by David Newt » Sun, 09 Dec 1990 08:25:27

in a previous message, I whined:

Quote:> HELP! HELP! I WANT BASH!

unfortunately, I didn't check all the messages that had been posted about
it alraedy, so before anyone thrashes me for wasted bandwidth, I will try
all the stuff I just found...

--

Post by Chet Ram » Wed, 12 Dec 1990 07:48:28

>   Anyone do a port of bash yet?  I got it to compile, but it bombs after
>any command.  In the malloc code there are references to a symbol "etext"
>that I have no idea where it should be getting that from...

I have done a port of bash to the RS6000 running AIX 3.1.  The code should
be in the next public release (whenever *that* is...).

Chet
--
Chet Ramey                              ``I die, Horatio''
Network Services Group, Case Western Reserve University

                My opinions are just those, and mine alone.