Omniback, AIX and ACSLS

Post by Tom ONei » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

 Has anyone out there managed to hack up an ACSLS agent for OBII 3.10 or
3.0 ?

 I am currently looking to replace all my Netbackup (150+) machines w/
Omniback and have to have this to do it.

 I also shot my mouth off and didn't check the supported configs close
enough.

 If not, can anyone use an HP-UX sysadmin who can't seem to read?

 While I monitor both groups, private replies are welcome due to the
volume on these groups.
Rick, if you're reading this, it isn't me.

                                Tom
--

          "You really didn't think I'd post from work, do you?"

Omniback, AIX and ACSLS

Post by Matt Relle » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>  Has anyone out there managed to hack up an ACSLS agent for OBII 3.10 or
> 3.0 ?

>  I am currently looking to replace all my Netbackup (150+) machines w/
> Omniback and have to have this to do it.

>  I also shot my mouth off and didn't check the supported configs close
> enough.

>  If not, can anyone use an HP-UX sysadmin who can't seem to read?

>  While I monitor both groups, private replies are welcome due to the
> volume on these groups.
> Rick, if you're reading this, it isn't me.

>                                 Tom
> --

>           "You really didn't think I'd post from work, do you?"

We are in the same process and Omniback 3.1 and 3.5 both directly support
acsls. I verified that with STK so you may want to give them a call.

Matt Reller

Omniback, AIX and ACSLS

Post by Tom Hoffma » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> If not, can anyone use an HP-UX sysadmin who can't seem to read?

Sorry, I've got that position filled at my company.  If another one
opens up, I'll let you know.

1. AIX backups and Omniback

HI
 We currently only have ROOTVG and performing mksysb's but are looking to
use Omniback which is used for other servers as well on our LAN. So I
believe the server will be on windows 2000 hooking into a tape library with
a client loaded on the AIX system. What im not sure on is how you would then
perform a full system restore like you would do from a mksysb if required?
if a system was toast I assume you have to somehow boot from network,
connect to this Omniback server and initiate a restore. Has anyone
implemented anything like this successfully?

Is there any info about to assist in booting from the Network on F40's?

2. Comparative file sizes in Gnumeric

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. PCMCIA NIC in KDE

5. Question about HP OmniBack II and Exabyte 480

6. Clean install

7. HP-UX, DLT4500 & OmniBack

8. ftp server

9. Pls help: Omniback or Networker, which is better ?

10. Backup software: OmniBack vs Legato

11. omniback II compatibility question

12. HP-Omniback vs. Reiserfs

13. Backing up Oracle with OmniBack II