mksysb on 7028-6c4

Post by Theo Welter » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:18:54

Hi folks,

is there anybody who knows about a problem with the mksysb restore under
AIX5.1, if the maintenance levels on the mksysb image and the boot CD don't
match. In our case we boot the system with the AIX5.1 CD from 04/2002 with
the maintenance level 0. The mksysb image was installed with the same CD,
but afterwards updated to maintenance level 3. The problem occurs while
rebooting after the mksysb restore. The reboot fails and the system console
shows messages, that seem to me like the kernel can't find some needed
modules.

Regards,
Theo Welters

mksysb on 7028-6c4

Post by H.G.Borrman » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:41:38

> Hi folks,

> is there anybody who knows about a problem with the mksysb restore under
> AIX5.1, if the maintenance levels on the mksysb image and the boot CD don't
> match. In our case we boot the system with the AIX5.1 CD from 04/2002 with
> the maintenance level 0. The mksysb image was installed with the same CD,
> but afterwards updated to maintenance level 3. The problem occurs while
> rebooting after the mksysb restore. The reboot fails and the system console
> shows messages, that seem to me like the kernel can't find some needed
> modules.

> Regards,
> Theo Welters

Look at Apar IY35580.  IBM recommended this APAR in a situation like yours.

Regards
Gunther Borrmann

--
.______________________________________________________________.
|H.G.Borrmann                           |Tel.: (0761) 203-4652 |

mksysb on 7028-6c4

Post by Theo Welter » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:41:26

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution. The IBM software support came up with a
solution, as well. With AIX5.1 the restore of a mksysb image with
maintenance level 3 always fails, if you boot from a CD with a lower
maintenance level. The solution for this problem is  to get the CD set with
ML 3 (LCD4-1061-04).

Regards,
Theo Welters

Quote:> Hi folks,

> is there anybody who knows about a problem with the mksysb restore under
> AIX5.1, if the maintenance levels on the mksysb image and the boot CD
don't
> match. In our case we boot the system with the AIX5.1 CD from 04/2002 with
> the maintenance level 0. The mksysb image was installed with the same CD,
> but afterwards updated to maintenance level 3. The problem occurs while
> rebooting after the mksysb restore. The reboot fails and the system
console
> shows messages, that seem to me like the kernel can't find some needed
> modules.

> Regards,
> Theo Welters

mksysb on 7028-6c4

Post by Aamir Kh » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 01:14:19

This also causes problems on NIM etc ... mksysb restores etc.

I got the LCD4-1061-05 CD set to sort this out.

kind regards Aamir

1. 5.2 on 7028 6C4

Hello NG,

like the article 2days ago, we have nearly same problems with this
combination. the machine boots fine and 5.2 is also working fine. but at
first there were networkproblems, that came from auto-negotation. but we
fix the speed und duplex-mode and so there were no more errors on the
switch on the other side.

now my problem. we connected the 7028 on two pathes to an 2105-800 (ESS).
but with 5.2 comes MPIO. but the pure 5.2 installation couldnt detect the
vpaths. it detects both hdisks, but not the vpath. can you give me some
advice.

thank you in advance

sven morling....

2. Ultra SCSI Controller and NICs, any suggestions

3. Serial console 7028 6C4 using PC

4. AIX Frequently Asked Questions (Part 2 of 5)

5. I cant install from mksysb on 6C4 with LTO tape ?

6. Q recomendation for good tapedrive

7. How to create an mksysb tape from an mksysb file

8. AT&T System V.4 sockets

9. Making a tape mksysb from an SP mksysb image

10. problems restoring mksysb tape

11. mksysb tape restore question

12. Will this mksysb work?

13. restore mksysb with jfs2 filesystem to jfs filesystem