X25 & SNMP MIB II

Post by Sylvain BERAGNE » Tue, 24 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

we are working with an AIX 4.3.1 on a Bull Box. We use a 4-ports X25
card & we are trying to use the SNMP agent that come with it.

The RFC1381 "SNMP MIB Extension for X.25 LAPB", in section 3.1, says :

"  The objects defined below are to be used in conjunction with MIB-II
   and other MIBs such as the X.25 packet level MIB [9].  A system with
   a complete X.25 stack running over a synchronous line will have at
   least two interfaces in the ifTable defined in MIB-II.  There will be
   an interface for LAPB and another interface for the packet layer of
   X.25. There will also be objects defined in the RS-232-like MIB for
   the physical sync line. "

So I think we should find 2 entries for my X25 card in the ifTable.
There
are no entries for this card.

Is it a normal situation ? Shouldn't we find it in the ifTable ?

We didn't installed the IP over X25 software because we do not need it.
Does this software need to be installed ?

thanks a lot

sylvain beragnes
STNA Toulouse, France.

1. hpnp.mib MIB SNMP & SunNet Manager

Hello,

I have troubles to convert the hpnp.mib file from JetAdmin 3.15 into
a SunNet Manager 2.3 schema file :

mib2schema hpnp.mib
  Translating ....
  line #18: syntax error
  last token read was "GdStatusEntry"
  Translation aborted - unable to recover

Thanks for help

---
                        \|/
                        o o
 ___________________oOO_(_)_OOo______________________________________

 System administration       Tel : +41 22 799 1377
 MOTOROLA                    Fax : +41 22 799 1307
 207, route de Ferney
 Case Postale 15
 CH-1218 Grand-Saconnex (Switzerland)

2. Cheap method to detect if dsl signal is on line!

3. /proc/net/snmp and SNMP MIB

4. UHC SVR4 socket buffer question (ver 2.0)

5. SNMP Agent & MIB for Linux

6. environment variables problem.

7. SNMP MIB

8. '(no

9. SNMP MIB QUESTION

10. Free SNMP monitoring tool that understands the SUN MIB?

11. SNMP MIB Compiler

12. SNMP MIB browser

13. MRTG SNMP MIB Temperature