Can I supress warning messages from ld and bind?

Can I supress warning messages from ld and bind?

Post by jam.. » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:17:39

Greetings:

And TIA.

Specifically we are are getting a plethora of duplicate symbols messages
on our shared library generation.  Is there some means of outputing only
severe errors?

Regards

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Can I supress warning messages from ld and bind?

Post by John Brooke » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I think you should be able to get what you want by judicious use of the
options below:

-berrmsg
Writes error messages to standard error if the error level of the message
is greater than or equal to the value of the halt option and the quiet
option is
used or standard output is redirected. This is the default.

-bquiet
Does not write binder subcommands and their results to standard output.
This is the default.

h:Number or halt:Number
Specifies the maximum error level for binder command
processing to continue. The default value is 4. If any binder subcommand
has a
return value greater than Number, no additional binder subcommands are
processed. If the halt level value is 8 or greater, the output file may not
be
executable if it is produced at all. Return values are:

0 No error

4 Warning

8 Error

12 Severe error

16 Internal program error

HTH,

JB

--
John Brookes                 |
Manchester Computing         |  "Never invest in anything that violates

Tel: (0161) 275 7029         |

1. Suppress vxfs warning message to console

Our system is installed with veritas file system software 3.2.1 on
Solaris 2.6. All users running on this system are set with vxquota. When
the users exceed quotas, a warning message "unix: msgcnt 2880 vxfs: mesg
044: vx_bsdquotaupdate - warning: /export/home file system user 4716
disk quota exceeded" will be written to /var/adm/messages and displayed
to console. Due to a lot of users running on this machine, this is
really consumed a lot of spaces and confused with system messages.

Anyone please kindly help me. Thanks.

2. need with my DNS setup, I have everything right except...

3. ld.so warning message?

4. Problem w/ STB PowerGraph 64 PCI

5. those pesky ld.so: warning: messages

6. The wicked tar of OS5!

7. ?? ld.so warning messages

8. multilanguage Linux

9. Odd warning messages: [warn] (22)Invalid argument: setsockopt: (TCP_NODELAY)

10. suppress symbols from ld -r

11. How to supress yacc conflict warning?

12. Suppressing warnings during kernel boot

13. suppress allocation warnings for radix-tree allocations