Shared Library Problem::: dlopen()

Post by Anupam Agarw » Sun, 25 May 2003 02:03:27

Hi There

My Application is having a shared library
made by following commmand

ld -G -lm -lld -lm -lc -ldl -lrpcsvc -bexpall -bnoentry -o abc.so *.o

And my main application was build by

xlc -o main main.o -Wl,-bexpall -brtl

I have some symbols , which are unresolved in the library and cannot
be find even at load time when i use dlopen..

As it used to be in HP and SUN that unresolved symbols are suppressed
at the runtime and i am porting the application from thhe same..

What I want is equivalent in AIX so that unresolved symbols can be
suppressed if not found but documentation says if -brtl is used while
building main application then at the dlopen it will try to resolve
all the symbols i want that it should ignore all unresolved symbols.

Can Anyone help??????????

Thanks and Regards
Anupam Agarwal

1. Shared variable between main() and loaded shared library - dlopen()

I created an executable that loads a shared library via dlopen().
The main program and the shared library use an identical object file
at link time. I expect the address of a particular variable to be
different at runtime, but I notice that the variable is actually identical
by address.
What needs to be done in order for the variable to have
2 separate addresses. Is it a link issue ? Is it an different option
in dlopen() ? I am using the standard C++ compiler (xlC_r) and
makeC++SharedLib_r.
This behavior appears also under HP-UX, Linux and Solaris.
Thanks for your help.

2. Best way to kill Microsoft (Re: M$ to STRIKE again...)

3. Problem with dlopen and custom shared library.

4. Part/Full-Time WORK.

5. Problem loading a shared library with dlopen

6. Can't make remote printing work on Red Hat Linux 7.1

7. Removing default pagespace - ?

8. Bugs in shared libraries (dlopen / dlclose)..

9. Shared libraries and dlopen/dlsym..

10. dlopen with C++ shared library

11. egcs and dlopen with C++ shared libraries

12. dlopen() and symbols and none shared libraries