are any particular filesets needed for run-time linking?

are any particular filesets needed for run-time linking?

Post by Jeff Trawic » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:53:11

I'm grasping at straws... I can't figure out why a .so won't dlopen()
on a particular 5.1 system.

I built the same exact code using the same compiler (IBM's rpm of gcc)
on a different 5.1 system and everything worked fine.

The software levels of the two machines are slightly different.

Something is whispering to me "install xlC.aix50.rte and xlC.rte and
it will work".  Is that true?

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

are any particular filesets needed for run-time linking?

Post by Prakash Ranganath » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:11:21

Hi Jeff,

What error you are getting?
Did u check the dlerror() or check the error number?
dlopen is in /usr/ccs/lib/libc.a, so check the bos.rte.libc
file set on both system.

Thanks,
Prakash.R