bos.adt.syscalls

Post by Monic » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:47:35

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can download the bos.adt.syscalls package?  I went
to IBM's web site, but I just cannot find it.  I am running AIX 4.3.3 on an
RS/6000 H70 box.  I tried applying the general maintenance fix packages, but
it wasn't included in it.

I tried calling IBM, but all that they did was take down some information
and will get someone to call me back.  Hopefully they will call back soon.

Thanks,
Monica.

bos.adt.syscalls

Post by Monic » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:33:08

> > Hi,

> > Does anybody know where I can download the bos.adt.syscalls package?  I
went
> > to IBM's web site, but I just cannot find it.  I am running AIX 4.3.3 on
an
> > RS/6000 H70 box.  I tried applying the general maintenance fix packages,
but
> > it wasn't included in it.

> > I tried calling IBM, but all that they did was take down some
information
> > and will get someone to call me back.  Hopefully they will call back
soon.

> Use ftp.  IBM's web site is next to useless.

ftp://service.software.ibm.com/aix/fixes/v4/os/bos.adt.syscalls.4.3.3...

Quote:

> Regards,

> Nicholas Dronen

> --
> $ more worth doing
> /dev/null (END)

Thanks,

I just found it as well.  When I did the maintenance update, it only updated
the packages that were already installed, so the syscalls package didn't get
installed.

Now it's just complaining that it wants previous versions installed first...
not a big deal.

Thanks,
Monica.

bos.adt.syscalls

Post by Ulrich Koern » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:43:34

> > > Hi,

> > > Does anybody know where I can download the bos.adt.syscalls package?  I
>  went
> > > to IBM's web site, but I just cannot find it.  I am running AIX 4.3.3 on
>  an
> > > RS/6000 H70 box.  I tried applying the general maintenance fix packages,
>  but
> > > it wasn't included in it.

> > > I tried calling IBM, but all that they did was take down some
>  information
> > > and will get someone to call me back.  Hopefully they will call back
>  soon.

> > Use ftp.  IBM's web site is next to useless.

>  ftp://service.software.ibm.com/aix/fixes/v4/os/bos.adt.syscalls.4.3.3...

> > Regards,

> > Nicholas Dronen

> > --
> > $ more worth doing
> > /dev/null (END)

> Thanks,

> I just found it as well.  When I did the maintenance update, it only updated
> the packages that were already installed, so the syscalls package didn't get
> installed.

> Now it's just complaining that it wants previous versions installed first...
> not a big deal.

> Thanks,
> Monica.

Look for the basic fileset on your installation CDROM. IBM does not
supply basic filesets in the Internet. The basic must have a version
number like with a .0 at the end.

Regards - Ulrich

bos.adt.syscalls

Post by Monic » Sat, 01 Sep 2001 00:12:00

> >  went
> >  an
> >  but

> >  information
> >  soon.

> > > Use ftp.  IBM's web site is next to useless.

ftp://service.software.ibm.com/aix/fixes/v4/os/bos.adt.syscalls.4.3.3...

Quote:

> > > Regards,

> > > Nicholas Dronen

> > > --
> > > $ more worth doing
> > > /dev/null (END)

> > Thanks,

> > I just found it as well.  When I did the maintenance update, it only
updated
> > the packages that were already installed, so the syscalls package didn't
get
> > installed.

> > Now it's just complaining that it wants previous versions installed
first...
> > not a big deal.

> > Thanks,
> > Monica.

> Look for the basic fileset on your installation CDROM. IBM does not
> supply basic filesets in the Internet. The basic must have a version
> number like with a .0 at the end.

> Regards - Ulrich

I found the correct file on the CDs, installed it, and updated it with the
newest version from the ftp site.  Now my other installation is happy -- it
required the bos.adt.syscalls pkg.

Thanks,
Monica.

1. bos.adt (fwd)

hi,

I've a problem when install GNU gcc 2.8.1 using smit program on my RS6000
- AIX 4.2. --gcc 2.7.2 installed on my machine.

Below is the messages from smit:

---

MISSING REQUISITES:  The following filesets are required by one or more
  of the selected filesets listed above.  They are not currently installed
  and could not be found on the installation media.

    bos.adt.include 4.1.0.0                   # Base Level Fileset

---END

Where can I find file: bos.adt.include 4.1.0.0 ?
Wait for response & answer...

regards,

-bayu widyasanyata-

2. Solaris 8 print server setup problem

3. Can I download bos.adt.base from anywhere ?

4. Setting up Network

5. fileset bos.adt.prof 4.3.3.10 (?)

6. Can we find out the clients browser type thru the CERN server logs

7. pthread.h problem after installing bos.adt.include.4.3.3.3

8. What's up w/ vim?

9. bos.adt.prof 4.3.0.0 # Base Level Fileset

10. bos.adt.libm - which cd?

11. bos.adt.include

12. Fileset bos.adt.libm missing

13. Help: Need "make" to Install Oracle. How to install bos.adt.base ???