problem connecting Win 2000 server to ESS

problem connecting Win 2000 server to ESS

Post by chri » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 02:51:11

Hi all,

I know this is the AIX forum but I know alot of you have experience
with ESS.
I am having problems attaching a compaq win 2000 server to our ESS.
The setup is as follows

compaq DL580 with Qlogic 2200F fibre channel adapter
windows 2000 service pack 2
sdd for windows version 1.3.1.1
IBM 2109 switch

The zoning has been configured on the switch. The qlogic card has been
installed and configured.

The server and its FC WWPN have been set on the ESS and a 18.5 Gb
volume asigned to the server.

So far we have not been able to get the compaq server to see the
allocated storage. When we run the sdd to find the disks we get ,
unable to find device file.  It seems as though the Sdd cannot see the
adapter.

Has anyone managed to do this?  Any ideas what I can try next?

problem connecting Win 2000 server to ESS

Post by Steven Langdal » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:19:58

Quote:>Hi all,

>I know this is the AIX forum but I know alot of you have experience
>with ESS.
>I am having problems attaching a compaq win 2000 server to our ESS.
>The setup is as follows

>compaq DL580 with Qlogic 2200F fibre channel adapter
>windows 2000 service pack 2
>sdd for windows version 1.3.1.1
>IBM 2109 switch

>The zoning has been configured on the switch. The qlogic card has been
>installed and configured.

>The server and its FC WWPN have been set on the ESS and a 18.5 Gb
>volume asigned to the server.

>So far we have not been able to get the compaq server to see the
>allocated storage. When we run the sdd to find the disks we get ,
>unable to find device file.  It seems as though the Sdd cannot see the
>adapter.

>Has anyone managed to do this?  Any ideas what I can try next?

Hello - In the BIOS menus of the QLogic card, can you see the LUN
you've allocated?

Steven

1. Connecting to WIN 2000 Server Share

I have awstats running on a Netra with samba installed.
I need to run awstats against  windows2000 IIS logs.

I can see shares on the SUN box from the WIN server, but I
can't get to IIS log files on the WIN box.

What is going to be the easiest way to access these files on the
WIN server from the Netra? I want to be able to update the
web log analysis page on the Netra in "real time"; awstats can do
that if it can access the web logs.

Thank you. I am new to Solaris.

Tom Sparks
Seattle WA USA

2. ?partition problem????

3. smbmount problem with Win NT and Win 2000

4. Rlogin from Win95

5. why i still can't use pptp client to connect to windows 2000 pptp server

6. I need help

7. connect from linux to windows 2000 terminal server?

8. Voodoo4500 and corel linux

9. connect to aix via windows 2000 server

10. connect database MS SQL Server 2000 from window machine.

11. connecting a linux workstation redhat 7.2 to a windows 2000 server

12. DNS over Linux box and Web over Win 2000 server.

13. Samba + Win 2000 Server