AIX Sendmail after 4.2 - 4.3 upgrade

Post by lu.. » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I get the following message every time I
run "newaliases." What do I do to upgrade the .cf
file? Much thanks in advance.
Quinn Wilson.
Quinn.Wilson_Nygard.com <= replace the _ with
an "at" symbol.

Warning: .cf file is out of date: sendmail
AIX4.3/8.9.3 supports version 8, .cf file is
version 6

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Dell Colem » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

> I get the following message every time I
> run "newaliases." What do I do to upgrade the .cf
> file? Much thanks in advance.
> Quinn Wilson.
> Quinn.Wilson_Nygard.com <= replace the _ with
> an "at" symbol.

> Warning: .cf file is out of date: sendmail
> AIX4.3/8.9.3 supports version 8, .cf file is
> version 6

You can copy /usr/lpp/bos.net/inst_root/etc/sendmail.cf to
/etc/sendmail.cf
It worked for me. I then added a few (very few) customizations. If
you're connnected to the internet without a mail filtering firewall I
suggest getting a sendmail.cf that has been configured to not relay
spam.
--
Dell Coleman

1. Sendmail 8.9.1a & AIX 4.2/4.3

Greetings, Sendmail gurus:

I'm having a very frustrating time getting Sendmail 8.9.1 with the patch

to work properly.  I obtained the dist and patch from sendmail.org,
got the latest m4 compiler and patch program and applied them, and
compiled
8.9.1a successfully.

Behaviour:  It starts as a daemon without complaint, and doesn't relay.
It
will accept locally composed mail and send it outbound.  However, it
will not
accept mail originating either from outside for a legit inside user, nor
will it
accept mail originating from inside to another inside user.

The error Postmaster receives is:

Cannot give this flag and people to send to.

I've been thru all the dejanews postings on this, and through the
Sendmail FAQ and
comp.unix.aix faq.  All the sendmail FAQ says is that the internal
mailer is not
accepting the hand-off of the mail Sendmail is receiving.  However, I've
checked
the sendmail.cf that was generated, and it's virtually identical to the
standard AIX
sendmail.cf in calling /bin/bellmail and passing off the same arguments.

Mailq and newaliases work without complaint.  Anyone have any
suggestions,
esp. those of  you at austin.ibm.com?  Any hints greatly appreciated!

__
Kent Hooker, Sr. Systems Programmer, Unix Support & Systems Admin.
Division of Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison

PGP Public Key available at URL:  http://ra.doit.wisc.edu:8888

2. Nameserver setup - HELP!

3. Can anyone help... problem i upgrade fron AIX 4.2 to 4.3

4. System V pkgadd clone snapshot available

5. Need help! AIX 4.2 -> 4.3 upgrade

6. Cable Modem Setup under LinuxPPC4

7. Upgrade from AIX 4.2 to 4.3?

8. virtual domains, please help!

9. AIX 4.2 vs AIX 4.3

10. pthreads AIX 4.2 --> AIX 4.3

11. Good GUI designer under AIX 4.2 AIX 4.3

12. AIX 4.1 sendmail.cf to AIX 4.2 sendmail.cf

13. Upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3