1. Sendmail 8.9.1a & AIX 4.2/4.3
Greetings, Sendmail gurus:
I'm having a very frustrating time getting Sendmail 8.9.1 with the patch
to work properly. I obtained the dist and patch from sendmail.org,
got the latest m4 compiler and patch program and applied them, and
Behaviour: It starts as a daemon without complaint, and doesn't relay.
will accept locally composed mail and send it outbound. However, it
accept mail originating either from outside for a legit inside user, nor
accept mail originating from inside to another inside user.
The error Postmaster receives is:
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
----- Transcript of session follows -----
Cannot give this flag and people to send to.
I've been thru all the dejanews postings on this, and through the
Sendmail FAQ and
comp.unix.aix faq. All the sendmail FAQ says is that the internal
mailer is not
accepting the hand-off of the mail Sendmail is receiving. However, I've
the sendmail.cf that was generated, and it's virtually identical to the
sendmail.cf in calling /bin/bellmail and passing off the same arguments.
Mailq and newaliases work without complaint. Anyone have any
esp. those of you at austin.ibm.com? Any hints greatly appreciated!
Kent Hooker, Sr. Systems Programmer, Unix Support & Systems Admin.
Division of Information Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
PGP Public Key available at URL: http://ra.doit.wisc.edu:8888
2. Nameserver setup - HELP!
3. Can anyone help... problem i upgrade fron AIX 4.2 to 4.3
4. System V pkgadd clone snapshot available
5. Need help! AIX 4.2 -> 4.3 upgrade
6. Cable Modem Setup under LinuxPPC4
7. Upgrade from AIX 4.2 to 4.3?
8. virtual domains, please help!
9. AIX 4.2 vs AIX 4.3
10. pthreads AIX 4.2 --> AIX 4.3
11. Good GUI designer under AIX 4.2 AIX 4.3
12. AIX 4.1 sendmail.cf to AIX 4.2 sendmail.cf
13. Upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3