MS Exchange and Unix mail integration

Post by PAMZ » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

  I have one MS Exchange server handling emails for NT and
Win
 98 systems. A week ago, I managed to send email from a hp-
ux to the server
 (by configuring sendmail). What I'm looking for now is to
send email from
 Outlook to an hp-ux machine. But the problem is that I
can't find a valid

 Moreover, pinging hp_d310 actually works!!
 Is there any configuration to make under Exchange?...or
Unix? (i've already done
 everything in the hosts.txt and the DNS).
 Is it because SMTP refuses underscores?
 What syntax should I try?
 I've been told to make a custom recipient in Exchange to
point back to the HP server root
 account ; How can I do that?
 Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english!
 pamz.

1. Linux POP mail and MS Exchange integration

Hello,

I would like to setup 200 remote users in our organization with Linux
POP accounts, the other 50 internal users would use Microsoft Exchange
mailboxes for their email.  I need a solution that would allow all
Microsoft and Linux email users to use a common domain name (ie.

create mailboxes on the Exchange server that simply forward messages
to Linux POP accounts.  The whole point of this is to lower the $$ we
spend on Micro$oft licen$ing.

Thanks,
Marvin

2. How to detect control, alt or meta key pressed

3. Unix Mail & MS Exchange Mail

4. An SUID shell script question (?)

5. UNIX Mail -> MS Exchange

6. how can i tell which vid driver??

7. Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

8. learning serial programming for Linux/Unix

9. Losing tabs from unix mail to MS Exchange

10. Linux mail server with MS-Mail/Exchange

11. Unix/Exchange Integration

12. SCO 3.2v4.2 / MS Mail integration over TCP/IP??