.forward for a specific machine?

Post by Steve Rodrigu » Tue, 20 Sep 1994 03:04:07

My dilemma:
I want to set up mail filtering. However, I receive my mail on a particular
machine, even though my home directory is cross-mounted onto many different
machines.

My question:
How do I set up my .forward file so that mail comes in to my "home" machine
(where my mailbox sits) and then gets processed by the filter program?

I have read something about a .forward.specific-machine file that is invoked
only on specific-machine. Unfortunately, I've seen nothing else, and I forget
all the details. :(

BTW, my mailbox is on a DECstation 5000, running Ultrix 4.3A.

Thanks for any help,
Steve

--
Steve Rodrigues            | Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and
Expatriate Texan           | sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty

1. ipchains: How do I forward packets from a specific port to another machine?

Hi. I am currently using Red Hat 6 as my server.  I have ipchains
setup to route packets to and from my internal LAN.  What I am trying
to do is the following: I have a Solaris 7 machine on my internal LAN.
I can telnet to the Red Hat machine from any computer that is
connected to the internet.  If I want to telnet to the Solaris
machine, I have to telnet to the Red Hat machine first and then telnet
to the Solaris machine.  Is there a way to setup the server to forward
a specific port to the the Solaris machine?  I have experimented but
have not been able to figure this one out.

Thanks,
Rick

2. grep to a tab

3. forward/masquerade UDP traffic for specific port #

4. Apache and perl scripts

5. iptables port forwarding for specific source addresses

6. man pages, where are they

7. Forward *@domain.com to a specific email?

8. Fvwm sometime doesn't focus?

9. ipfwadm: Forwarding specific ports

10. IPCHAINS: Forwarding packets to specific devices

11. forwarding requests to a specific port

12. Have squid forward to other proxy on specific port

13. Howto Forward Specific ports via ipchains on redhat 6.2?