how to pass this argument to Expect ?

Post by wol » Sat, 21 Oct 1995 04:00:00

        I want to pass an string in which contains a '$'
        like aa$bcd , from shell to Expect, however
        Expect gets "aa" , or if i pass it like

        bash>expect_script 'aa$bcd'

        then Expect gets '{aa$bcd}'

        is there any way to slove this ?
        thanks in advance!!!
--
~/.Sig/sig3
                my project step 2 : being a real man

http://www.oz.nthu.edu.tw/~u810309/

1. script questions - passing argument as argument to another program

Hello.

I have a script that I want to take an argument and pass it to the
passwd program.

1.  How in any situation do I take an argument in a script and pass it
to a program?  I can type the command in like: passwd $1 , but I do
not know how to simulate the enter key being pressed at that point.

2.  How do I allow other users to run this script?  I want the script
itself to execute as root when run since there are commands only root
may run, and I will only give other people in a certain group the
ability to execute the script.

3.  Is there a way to associate a file with multiple groups?

Thank you for your time.

Andrew

please remove 'REMOVE' characters to e-mail me

2. Which Ghostscript to Use for Epson Printer

3. How to pass arguments passed in ''s

4. Can't Open Xconsole???

5. Argument expected error from test

6. Anbody know if this beastie would have any value?

7. Help me with this error message : test: argument expected

8. EGCS with Solaris ld ?

9. test: argument expected error

10. Passing variables to Expect from bash, How?

11. Passing Arguments

12. Passing arguments from the form via BASH script

13. passing awk variables as arguments