help:cpu-time

Post by Mohamed-Hussain Hish » Tue, 11 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I want the cpu times when running programs,(in c, c++, simula ).
By using the command 'time' one can get the time taken from the
start of the program, but this time taken is actually not the cpu time.(?).
I want to know if there is any command in unix in finding the cpu time?
Could some kind soul hepl me?.I will be very garteful as this is very urgent.

Hisham.

1. HELP: % CPU time for process drops after a while

**Note: Please remove prepending 'ZZZ' from e-mail address if replying by e-mail

Hi, we're having a problem on a dual processor machine. The machine runs
kernel 2.2.17-SMP.

When we start a program it takes 99.9% CPU time (according to top), but after
a couple of hours it drops to less than 5%, although the program size hasn't
changed (and is small enough to fit into physical memory) and the nice value
is still 0. Also no other large processes are running, with the process above
still taking the most CPU time, albeit at 5%.

Any advice? Thanks.

2. AMD-760 MP AGP Support

3. How can I measure CPU-time and Network traffic time ?

4. strange root permissions on cdrom root dir

5. Is the time in gprof CPU time or elapsed time?

6. Computer case badges with 3D effect with your own logo. Order securely online.

7. CPU time used on 4 CPU's?

8. Upgrading RH5.1 to XFree86 3.3.3

9. How to give kernel more CPU-time ?

10. login never terminates, eats a lot of CPU-time.

11. how to kill a process after a specified cpu-time ?

12. limits for cpu-time

13. CPU-time eating bug in zsh?