Lost root password for SCO OpenServer box

Lost root password for SCO OpenServer box

Post by Jedi Master Yo » Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have here a lovely old antique 486 with much sentimental value. It's
got SCO OpenServer on it, but I have no logins and no root password. It
boots, but obviously I can't get into it.

There's no boot floppy, and I don't have any other SCO boxes with which
to make one. There's no manufacturer's installation CDs. Being an Intel
box, there's no PROM monitor to monkey about with. All I have is physical
access to the console, (though that should be enough). Your suggestions
would be greatly welcomed.

JM "Er... and there's a label saying 'Ministry of Defence. TOP SECRET'
on it" Y