telnet vs. rsh vs. rlogin ???

Post by Coleman T. Jone » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I use telnet when logging into remote hosts, but I know rsh and rlogin
can do basically the same thing.

1. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using these commands?
   I guess I'm trying to find out if one is particularly BETTER than
   the others.

2. Does anyone know of documentation (books or Web sites) that
   possibly compare these commands?  I know I can read the man pages
   but that doesn't really give me a GOOD side-by-side comparison.

Your comments and opinions are appreciated!

1. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

        Every machine and operating system has got its useful
purpose...

        I see no point in argueing with people which OS is better, and
which is worse, and what will survive and what wont...

        The bottom line is obviously the best OS is the one that make
the end user most productive.    Ive used quite a variety of software
from intel, ibm, MS, sun, GNU, DEC/compaq, etc,   and everything OS
has got its UPz and DOWnz, so depending on what you want to do with it
yer machine, probably determines what OS you run.

        So lets cut to the chase -  OS bashing is a waste of time,
and most of the time I'd say the person putting it down just hasn't
seen that particular OS's potential,  or should I say speciality....

      Hell,  Plan 9 has even got some interesting features.. <snicker>

       And all PC users know,  that no matter what use on a day to day
basis on the PC, that one day you will need to boot good ole ancient
DOS to do something...

2. newbie problem with RPM installation/GLIBC

3. telnet 0 vs telnet `hostname` vs telnet 127.0.0.1

4. Unix on a PC

5. Perfomance: tar vs ftp vs rsync vs cp vs ?

6. help:file system problem

7. Slackware vs SuSE vs Debian vs Redhat vs ....

8. 3COM etherlink XL probing error

9. DOS vs. Windows vs. Mac vs. Unix vs. NS

10. KDE vs. Openlook vs. Xfree86 vs. MetroX vs. CDE

11. Redhat vs Debian vs Yggdrasil vs Caldera vs ...

12. rsh vs. rlogin problem

13. telnet vs. rlogin