umount nfs only

Post by John Marten I » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I'm running ultrix 4.4 . I want to umount my nfs file systems
only. the umount -f option states that nfs file sytems will
fast unmount but doesnt say weather or not ufs file sytems
will remain mounted. there is no option like
umount -a -t nfs to unmount nfs file systems using fstab.
any ideas? tia
-johnm

umount nfs only

Post by Emery Lapins » Sat, 16 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I'm running ultrix 4.4 . I want to umount my nfs file systems
>only. the umount -f option states that nfs file sytems will
>fast unmount but doesnt say weather or not ufs file sytems
>will remain mounted. there is no option like
>umount -a -t nfs to unmount nfs file systems using fstab.
>any ideas? tia

use grep and (cut|sed|awk) to extract the nfs mounts from the mount
command of the fstab.  loop and umount.
--

when you pry it from my cold dead finger(1)." | This work is Copyright 1995
Emery Lapinski and is freely redistributable by anyone and anything with the