1. Viking vs Alpha vs HP (was: New viking sparc)
As someone in comp.unix.programmer so aptly pointed-out to us, Mr. Ohta's
reference to XMAGIC, DMAGIC, ZMAGIC, whatever [ none of which exists on
real UNIX systems ] indicate he's using a Xenix system.
Given his (Mr. Ohta's) statements from last year (which I've saved and would
be happy to repost to /dev/null where they belong) and the strong intimation
he's using a "toy" system, let's keep net bandwidth down and simply ignore
I posted four (4) very-clear reasons why shared libraries are "A Good Thing"
and nothing Mr. Ohta has written can (or has been able to) persuade anyone to
Believe me, I really do NOT like picking on anyone publicly, but Mr. Ohta's
postings are so offensive and demeaning I wonder what purpose or goal he
has in mind [let along the disgrace he's brought to the Tokyo Institute of
Technology by his postings].
I'm sorry for my acerbic comments, but this "thread" has become ridiculous.
3. (Writing an) X driver for Taxan Viking II with Hitachi HD63484 chip
4. no monitor
6. XF86Config file for Twinhead 3200 or 380S8 (SiS 630S graphics accel)
8. Support for SiS 961/961B/962/963/630S/630ET/63
9. Problems with Sparc-2, IPX and *new* SG-Thomson timekeeper chips
11. Sparc for Linux & Weitek Chip
12. Sparc V9 chip; which sys/isa_defs.h ?