REQ: Utility for processing /var/log/wtmp or 'last' output

REQ: Utility for processing /var/log/wtmp or 'last' output

Post by Paul A. Hoadl » Thu, 20 Jan 1994 15:46:58

I would be interested to find ANY sort of utility which 'processes' the information
in /var/log/wtmp (or wherever wtmp is on other systems...) or perhaps even the
output of the 'last' command.  By 'process' I mean, for example, ranking users by
number of logins, lengths of logins, total times logged in for each user and so on.
I don't imagine it would be terribly difficult to whip something up (hmmm ... famous
last words) but if someone has already done so, I'd like to see it.

Any files (with sitenames preferably) or even ideas would be most welcome.  Any news or
mail responses appreciated.