Requesting info on E-mail packages...

Post by Donald Serv » Sat, 08 Aug 1992 00:47:33

Hello all,

    I have before me a list of DOE sites and the E-Mail types they use.  I
am looking for clarification of various email packages.  Any information on
the package and producer of the package would be greatly appreciated.  The
packages are:

        Apollo Mail
        DPSSMail
        ELM

Also, what, if any are the differences between SMTP and UNIX mail?
Unfortunatly I am merely a user of mail and not a mail wizard.  Thanks in
advance for any information

1. REQUEST INFO: API for E-Mail

I'm looking for information on how I can send messages from an application to a set of users. I have tried using sendmail but it's not elegant for programmatic interface.

I will appreciate if someone can provide me with pointers on ways to proceed in terms of:

- where I can look for more information
- any commercial products (libraries) that I can use

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. programming: limits on sockets?

3. Request for E-mail Tutorial Info

4. User Accounting via Scripts

5. E-Mail E-Mail E-Mail

6. Perl mail header module?

7. extract email from text file and send an email to the email address

8. Turn key PC(clone) LINUX system available ?

9. Requesting return receipts on emails

10. Creating packages with pkgmk: Installing Software on a path as requested

11. Latest Linux e-mail/package listing

12. Email help requested

13. Package Maintainers E-mail