Digital Unix 4.0e & Netscape proxy server 3.5-2

Digital Unix 4.0e & Netscape proxy server 3.5-2

Post by Mohamed Nayl » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi Guys ..
This is my first message and I don't know am I  sending it to the right
group or not , so please excuse me if it's not.

I have an alpha 4100( two cpus ) with 2 GB of memory and it works as a
proxy server for our ISP , at the peak load we got some DNS problems,
things like " this URL doesn't have a DNS entry" even for a well known
sites.
the problem gets worth and worth over time till we added another server
and used a load balancing program on the DNS.

I think it's a tuning problem ,can any body help or even tells where to
find some proper documentation's on tuning UNIX to work with the
netscape proxy server, I've tried NETSCAPE and COMPAQ but no luck.

1. CGI POST & Client Certificates & Netscape Enterprise Server 3.5

I have a general question about the way client certificates are handled when
calling a CGI via POST over a SSL secured connection.

If I use the GET method, the certificate is passed to the CGI in an
environment variable.
If I do the same with POST, I do not seem to get the certificate at all!
Do I need to configure the server in a special way or does the access to the
certificate work different when using POST?

All this happens on a Netscape Enterprise Server 3.5 running on Solaris; but
if you have experience with other servers concerning this topic I'd be
interested as well!

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Patrick Dockhorn

BROKAT Infosystems AG

2. X loading times

3. Needed: Netscape Proxy Server 3.5 for DUNIX

4. SuSE 7.0 and Intel PRO/100+ doesn't work together!?

5. Netscape Proxy Server 3.5 compatibility with AIX 5.1

6. pvm + Redhat4.0 + rsh&rexec = problem

7. Restrict Access to URLs in Netscape Proxy Server 3.5

8. problem with R. Steven's tcp_listen()

9. Redhat 6.0, XFree-3.3.5-2 RPMS, and S3Trio3D woes

10. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

11. Proxy Server 3.5 for AIX ?

12. LDAP on NS Proxy Server 3.5?

13. SSLSession information in Netscape Server 3.5