How to change DecTerm window title using echo?

How to change DecTerm window title using echo?

Post by David Wolins » Sat, 18 Feb 1995 03:48:09

I'm using a DEC 3000 running OSF/1 v3.0

Is there a way to echo special control characters in order to change the title
of my DECterm window?  How about the icon name?
(e.g. on Vax VMS, writing ESC ] 21; new_name ESC \
      to the screen would change the DECterm window name to new_name)

I'm using the csh shell, which doesn't seem to understand the echo "\xxx" syntax, so I'm not sure this is possible.

Thanks in advance.  Dave Wolinski

1. Changing X window titles after window creation?

I'd like to alter the title of the X window I'm using, whenever
I please, eg. based on what machine I'm telnetted into (to easily find
the window from a pick list), or any other such whim.

How to?

thanks,
doug

2. linux kernel source

3. title of current path in window-title

4. Beginner

5. change the title of a console window in rh7.2

6. Apache & AIX 1.4.0

7. Changing window title

8. PPP and uptime?

9. Change Window Title - Solars or Xwins

10. title of xterm window to be changed

11. Changing title in an xterm window

12. Changing the title bar for Xterm Windows!!!!

13. title of xterm window to be changed