Threads (light weight processes) lwp

Post by TALWAR BRIJ » Thu, 16 Sep 1993 05:13:19

I am exploring the use of threads (lwp) under Unix. I would appreciate
any suggestions for books covering this topic in a user friendly
manner.

Please respond by e-mail to

Thanks

Brij

Post by David Crol » Fri, 17 Sep 1993 23:10:31

|> I am exploring the use of threads (lwp) under Unix. I would appreciate
|> any suggestions for books covering this topic in a user friendly
|> manner.
|>

|> Please respond by e-mail to

|> Thanks
|>
|> Brij

I don't have any good references, but you could check out the POSIX thread
implementation that the kind folks at FSU have made available.  You can get
the pthread implementation (for SPARC's) from ftp.cs.fsu.edu in /PART.  Or

address...

BTW, the LWP in Sun OS 4.x is outdated by the Sun Threads under SunOS 5.x.

| David T. Croley | MCC - Exp Sys Lab | Graduate School - It's not just a    |

| C++ is a general purpose programming language designed to make programming |
| more ENJOYABLE for the serious programmer. -- Bjarne Stroustrup            |