Non-standard Modem on Sun serial port

Post by Meyst » Tue, 19 May 1992 04:11:48

Greetings,

Does anyone have any experience connecting a Sun SparcStation to a
Northern Telecom SL-1 Asynchronous Data Option (ADO) digital telephone?

My objective is to have the Sun answer the phone, but the phone 'rings'
in a very non-standard way (i.e. instead of a ring, it _says_
'Phone is ringing. Pick up? (Y/N)'). Is there a way to control such a
device from a serial port on a Sun? Ultimately, I want it to answer the
phone and present the caller with a login prompt.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael A. Meystel
Manager, Operations
IMPAQT Center
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA

1. Non-Standard Serial Ports and Modules

Are there any plans to make it possible to have nonstandard serial port
support as a module? Why is it as of now not possible and what would
have to be done to make it work?

---
Dylan Mathews

Webpage: http://accessone.com/~zhongquo

"I couldn't remember when I had been so disappointed.  Except perhaps
the time I found out that M&Ms really *do* melt in your hand ..."
                -- Peter Oakley

2. howto set environment variables for apps under KDE?

3. Help: non-standard serial port IRQ.

4. Want framebuffer drive for cyrix mediaGX

5. Non-standard baud rates on serial port

6. raid+suse8+asus a7v333

7. Setting Up Non Standard Serial Ports

8. A Classroom Exercise

9. Non-standard serial IRQ

10. Mtools & non-standard formatted DOS floppies on a Sun workstation

11. problem with vsftpd on a non-standard port

12. ssh tunnel to non-standard ssh port

13. iptables and non-standard ftp ports