Help with script file - Unix Final Exam1.txt (0/1)

Help with script file - Unix Final Exam1.txt (0/1)

Post by Tita » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

need help with script file. If you can help please send to my e-mail.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Post by Dan A. Merc » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

: need help with script file. If you can help please send to my e-mail.
: Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Man,  if you can't pass that piece of fluff you are really
hurting.  For those of you who didn't bother to uudecode it:

: Write a shell script that displays a menu that accepts an item
: number argument. Test that the right number of argument's has
: been supplied, check that the arguments are valid, and document
: the script properly. For example, if your script is called MENU,
: the user will be able to call MENU and the main menu will be
: displayed or call MENU 2 and the second item on the main menu
: will automatically run.
:
: The main menu displays a nicely formatted screen with five (5)
: choices. The first option displays a calendar that shows the
: current date and time and lists a three-month calendar for the
: previous, present and following months.
:
: The second choice displays the current working directory for 5
: seconds then lists the contents of the directory in a
: comprehensive form with the hidden files displayed. Make sure
: that the list is readable and does not scroll off the screen.
:
: The third  choice lists all of the users active processes and
: provides a full listing that does not scroll off the screen .
:
: The fourth choice when chosen displays a submenu with three
: choices. The first choice is a list of who is currently on the
: system sorted by the date and time logged on. The second choice
: is a list of who is currently on the system in user id order. The
: third choice is a list of who is currently on the system sorted
: by the terminal id.
:
: The fifth choice on the main menu allows the user to quit. Any
: choice entered, other than the five allowable choices, will
: display an error message.
:
: In printing out your solution you need to include proof that your
: solution works properly.  Use the script command in UNIX that
: records  all of the input and output in a file. Write the script
: as elegantly as possible.  "Kluggy" code will not be
: accepted.

About a 1/2 hour's work,  unless you want to get really fancy and
add shell curses.  And tell your prof it's "kludgy" not "Kluggy".
The term predates computers and is either of military or
engineering origin.

You better learn how to hack or you're going to be stuck working
on mainframes -- eughhh!

--
Dan Mercer

Post by Ernesto Hern├índez-Novic » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> : need help with script file. If you can help please send to my e-mail.
> : Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

> Man,  if you can't pass that piece of fluff you are really
> hurting.  For those of you who didn't bother to uudecode it:

[lots of stuff deleted]...

Quote:

> About a 1/2 hour's work,  unless you want to get really fancy and
> add shell curses.  And tell your prof it's "kludgy" not "Kluggy".
> The term predates computers and is either of military or
> engineering origin.

> You better learn how to hack or you're going to be stuck working
> on mainframes -- eughhh!

Or even worse: a MicroSloth Drone :-)

--

Just another Unix/Perl/Java hacker.
One thing is to be the best, and another is to be the most popular.