QNX ? Anyone heard of this ?

Post by Keith Ge » Sat, 21 May 1994 21:06:13

I heard that theres an operating system called QNX, that
runs on the IBM PC and supports open view.  Does anyone know anything
about this.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

K V Gell

QNX ? Anyone heard of this ?

Post by Brian Downi » Mon, 23 May 1994 07:52:17

>   I heard that theres an operating system called QNX, that
>   runs on the IBM PC and supports open view.  Does anyone know anything
>   about this.

Check out comp.os.qnx.
QNX is a 'Real-Time' OS based on a message-passing micro-kernel.
It does run on a 486 with X11, but it ain't cheap.
--

 %%  If there is a hell, its fires wait for them, not us. -FZ  %%

QNX ? Anyone heard of this ?

Post by Christoph Ozdo » Wed, 15 Jun 1994 21:34:16

Just look in any issue of DDJ; they have full-page ads for QNX in there.
Seems it is well suited for mission-critical operations, but all *I* know
is the ad ...    :-)

Chris

QNX ? Anyone heard of this ?

Post by maohai hua » Mon, 27 Jun 1994 13:45:00

: Just look in any issue of DDJ; they have full-page ads for QNX in there.
: Seems it is well suited for mission-critical operations, but all *I* know
: is the ad ...    :-)

: Chris

comp.os.qnx
comp.realtime

perhaps you've got the answer already. it's kinda surprising there are
so many esoteric OSes around. and people claims writing kernels in a
matter of weeks.

- mh

1. Have you heard of QNX lately?

Hi all,

    Lately I heard that there is a QNX, another flavor of
Unix, that is used in industry. I wonder if there are any
information (books for example) on this subject. It is
supposed to be more secure and robust than the Unices in
academic institutions.

    Thanks very much in advance for any pointers

mingzuo shen

2. Server performance

3. QNX and LILO [I can't boot QNX]

4. Mozilla posting error

5. Anyone heard of "eprintf" ?

6. Netbios crack from cracked firewall?

7. Has anyone heard of a "Neomagic" chipset?

8. Tape drives for RS/6000

9. anyone heard of AddFax2 version3.21?

10. Anyone heard of ActivCard Networks Inc?

11. Anyone hear about any Solaris LAE or ZFS updates?

12. new server - anyone heard of it?

13. JANA? Anyone Hear Anything Recently