Sys Admin Training Course ?

Post by Surendra Go » Fri, 15 Jan 1993 22:52:52

Hi,

Does anybody know of any short (3-5 days) course on Unix System
Admin. training? Is there any company in the Washington DC area
which provide on-site or off-site training for small group?
Is there any video or some other AV material on this topic
available?

Please e-mail to me directly because I do not read this newsgroup
regularly.

Thanks for any help.

--

Personal Library Software, Inc.  2400 Research Blvd. Suite 350, Rockville, MD 20850   Phone: (301)926-1402

1. recommended SYS V and BSD systems for Intro Sys Admin course

Hi All

I've been asked to lecture a 3 day Intro to Unix System Administration.

I know FreeBSD quite well, and thought I'd used that as a reference BSD
system.

Any recommendations for a SYSV system? Is Linux close enough? I know nothing
about it.

Failing that, I guess SCO would be a good bet. Which leads me to wonder -
what about the licensing?

SCO have a free 2 user license for home use, and say it's free for academic
purposes. Would giving a sysadmin course for 6 guys for a little training
company constitute academic use?

Also, for a book I am very happy with the "Unix System Administrator's
Bible" by Yves lePage etc.

Any other suggestions or comments?

All welcome, and please cc me on any posts. Our news server is a tad
unreliable.

--
Regards,

Irvine Short

IS Consulting
196 Longmarket Street,
Cape Town
tel/fax 021 423 0233
cell 082 494 3828

2. (wu)ftpd and external passwd file

3. Unix Admin Training Course

4. Scsi Bernoulli???

5. SPAM: /training/etc/ Linux System Admin Courses FYI

6. An application gateway firewall based on Linux - ITShield

7. AD: /training/etc/ Linux System Admin Courses FYI

8. Window Anomally With Number 9 & Accelerated-X

9. looking for sys admin course

10. Looking for Sunos Sys Admin Course in San Ferdnando CA area

11. SyS Admin course needed!

12. unix sys admin courses

13. AD: /training/etc/ Training Courses FYI