How to send a Mail to a internet address attaching a file

How to send a Mail to a internet address attaching a file

Post by Paola Gordil » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi!
i need to know how to attach a file (1Mb, binary or text) to an
internet mail using UNIX commands.

 Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,

1. How to send an attached file in a mail ?

Hello,

I'd like to write a scripthell which would send a mail with an attached file
inside
You know :

Hello Mr,

Here are your files

FILE 1, FILE 2, FILE 3 etc ....

But NOT ( which is easy to do with the command "mail" ) :

Hello Mr,

Here are what contain your files :

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 etc ....

I've been searching the RFC's about SMTP and MIME for a long time,
but I'm afraid I dont't really understand their explanations
Coud anyone give some advice ?

Thank you

P.S. : they are TEXT files
P.P.S. : Maybe you'll find my way of writing curious/bad, that's because I'm
french

2. ZMODEM Routines Needed

3. rlogin/rsh

4. Attach a text file to a mail send in Text based Unix

5. HP Laserjet III and Mandrake ..

6. MMDF-addressing internet mail sent by UUCP

7. Pop3 problem on solaris

8. send mail to internet address

9. How to send mail to uucp address from internet?

10. Can send mail out but can't send mail in?

11. how can i send an attached file from command line?

12. How can I send email with an attached file?