Printing 2 postscript pages to 1 physical page ...

Printing 2 postscript pages to 1 physical page ...

Post by Gerald Gutierre » Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi ! A while ago I remember using a program which was able to take a
postscript file, and for every two postscript pages, lay them side by
side on one physical piece of paper when printed ... similar to the
command "enscript -2r", but working with postscript files.

Does anyone know what this program is called, or where I can get it ?

Thanks !

Post by J. Langfor » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Hi ! A while ago I remember using a program which was able to take a
> postscript file, and for every two postscript pages, lay them side by
> side on one physical piece of paper when printed ... similar to the
> command "enscript -2r", but working with postscript files.

> Does anyone know what this program is called, or where I can get it ?

psnup

It's short, and as I recall, pretty easy to install.  I just checked
my source and there's no ftp adress listed.  You'll have to use
archie or just poke around for it.

Post by David E. F » Mon, 31 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>Hi ! A while ago I remember using a program which was able to take a
>postscript file, and for every two postscript pages, lay them side by
>side on one physical piece of paper when printed ... similar to the
>command "enscript -2r", but working with postscript files.

There's a suite of programs called psutils. In there lies a program
called psnup which can do this - it can go up to 8 pages per sheet,
actually.

I don't know where the generic sources are - but there are Linux
binaries (possibly including source) over at sunsite.unc.edu.

There's also another program called mpage that should do the same
thing.

David E. Fox                 Tax              Thanks for letting me

1. Printing: multiple logical pages per physical page

I've just set up my new HP LaserJet 1100, which was easy thanks to the
documentation in the FreeBSD Handbook.

My question is, is there a way to print multiple logical pages per
physical page?  Some filter option to lpr and/or gs?  I'd like to be
able to print 2 or 4 pages per page.

I have the feeling this is something that exists, but I just don't know
what it is.  I can't find it in the documentation anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. DriveFdisk unable to read drive

3. Printing a pdf file duplex and 4 pages per page to a postscript printer

4. mv -i problem on SunOS4.1

5. Mulitple PS-Pages on one physical page

6. fax or efax question concerning noise

7. Stylus Pro XL+ prints an empty page after every printed page

8. POP3 daemon

9. Multiple logical pages on one physical page

10. printer printing some blank pages during postscript printing ?

11. Q: Info about paging (count of page-in/page-out)?

12. KWord: page 1 in footer shows page 1 on all pages