automake: adding new file type

Post by Fumisky Well » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:24:05

Hi all,

I have no idea how to add new dependency (file extention is .b, e.g.
file.b), which depends on C++ header file file.h, in Makefile.am?

For example, file.b depends on file.h and the suffix rule is as follows:

        >.h.b:

File extention ".b" should be new for Automake so that I added the
following at the top of Makefile.am:

        >SUFFIXES = .b

Any othe related is as follows:

        >bin_PROGRAMS        = x
        >x_SOURCES   = main.cpp file.h file.b

main.cpp includes file.h and file.h includes file.b.

Unfortunately, when I run "make", at the compiling main.cpp, it failes
because file.b doesn't exist.  file.b should be generated by bgen
as I tried to define at suffix rule.

Could anyone help me why?

Best Regards,
Wells

1. Conditionally adding sources in automake-files

Hi,
I'm currently struggling with an automakefile-problem. Depending on a flag set
during configure, I want to use different additional sources for compilation.
Currently I use this in makefile.am:

if FLAG1
        program_SOURCES= a.c b.c c.c
else
        program_SOURCES= a.c b.c d.c
endif

But I have a lot of flags, thus I have to code every possible combination of
sources, which is not fun... I tried to use previously defined variables
etc. in the program_SOURCES statement, but they are not substituted by
automake. How can I solve that?

Thanks...
--

         http://www.in.tum.de/~acher/

2. Apache 1.0.3 build on HPUX 10.10

3. redhat 8.0 apache -- where to add new mime types?

4. ext2 undelete

5. HOWTO: Add A New RH8 Session Type

6. laptop--nic

7. input: Add two new serio type #defines [13/14]

8. Get your war on!

9. Adding New types

10. Adding new image type to Apace ?

11. Trouble adding file type to NCSA server

12. How do I add file types for Looking Glass

13. Using the file to verify type and add proper extensions