Printer quota system for Ultrix or OSF/1....

Printer quota system for Ultrix or OSF/1....

Post by Rakesh Ja » Thu, 27 Jan 1994 06:53:27

hi there,

        I am looking for some kind of printer quota program for Ultrix and/or
OSF/1. I need to control the printing on certain printers on per user basis
and also allow limited printing.

Any pointers will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
rakesh

Printer quota system for Ultrix or OSF/1....

Post by Chris Stevens » Thu, 03 Feb 1994 02:51:19

We're interested in implementing the same sort of thing
on a DEC 3000/400 AXP running OSF1 1.3a... any help
would be appreicated.  Specifically, we would like to
be able to monitor PostScript page usage on a per-user
basis.

Replies could be emailed here, as well.
In advance, thanks

Christopher Stevenson
Physics, Memorial University of Newfoundland

1. Disk Quotas on Ultrix (OSF/1)

There are commands for this. It is called disk quotas (look in man for quotaon
and quotaoff). It has been awhile since I have had to deal with Ultrix but
heregoes.

Edit your Config file (/sys/conf/NAME) to include

options         QUOTA

Edit the /etc/fstab file and change the fourth field to rw,userquota,groupquota

Use Quotacheck to create a quota file. (Refer to man pages)

Use the edquota to activate the quota editor and create and account for each
user (this is a vi editor) (refer to man pages on edquota)

issue a quotaon command.

Check your /etc/rc.config file to look for the quota start up.
issue the command "/usr/sbin/rcmagr set QUOTA_CONFIG yes"

This should do it. This is out of my OSF/1 sysadmin book and I don't remenber
doing it any different in Ultrix. If it doesn't work use the quotaoff command
to turn off the quotas.

Your results may vary, but this is the best I can do without crawling theu the
archive room here and looking for the books marked ULTRIX which are probably
under all the boxes marked OSF/1 V1.2 V1.3 V2.0 V2.1 etc.

As always: Your mileage may vary.

Sho...

Eric Showalter
J.L. French Corp.
Sheboygan, WI

2. HACKING SESSIONS

3. Quota - warns don't work on Ultrix system

4. ftp lag help.

5. user quotas and printer usage quotas on NT domain

6. telling a pci board what irq to use

7. Ultrix and OSF/1 over Ethernet

8. 2.5.72-mm1

9. Solaris 2.4 NFS to Ultrix/NeXT/OSF

10. HP C1553A DAT drive, Ultrix, OSF/1, Solaris, ???

11. Shadow Password for Solaris, Ultrix, OSF/1

12. Question: socket communication: Linux to OSF/1 or Ultrix

13. looking for printer quota system..