need examples of socket interface

Post by dhir.. » Tue, 28 Apr 1992 05:18:59

I'm having a tough time with a project I'm working on: a program similar to
that of TALK.  Does anyone know of/have some documented C source code that
demonstrates basic socket interface?  I've RTFM, but I learn better by
example than pouring through MAN.

Thanks.  E-mail replies to:

1. need socket examples

Here is my goal: I have an application that listens for connections
on a certain port of my machine. I would like to write an application
that will open a connection at that port on the local machine, send
some data and disconnect. I have to admit I am totally ignorant on
sockets, etc, so I was wondering if anyone would have any examples
to send me, so I can write this application.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tasos

Club Member.     |       BUCSF          | Duties: none

2. Need general info on AIX Versions.

3. Need help/example with inetd/socket/client/server!

4. S3 864 BETA?

5. Unix Sockets Example Needed [HELP]

6. Microsoft Bus Mouse help!

7. Need Example of VERY simple socket program.

8. linux and OpenGL

9. Unix Sockets Example Needed [HELP]

10. Need semi-non-trivial example of an (MKS) ksh script [really programming-by-example]

11. Information of the RAW socket interface for Berkely sockets

12. Example use of DUMMY interface?

13. Example for using XF86DGA* interface