C Prototype Creation Utility Wanted

Post by JessHol » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 10:39:02

I am in need of a UNIX-ready freeware utility that is more or less
equivalent
to the Think C utility program "Prototype Helper" on the Mac.  For those
not
familiar with this program, it will read an existing C file and create a
filename_proto.h file containing prototypes for the functions in the C
file.  _Optionally_, it will change the C functions from the old K&R
declaration style to the newer inline ANSI C style, i.e.

  foo( a, b, c )
  int a;
  char *b;
  obj *c;
  {
  }

  int foo( int a, char *b, obj *c )
  {
  }

I need such a utility on a UNIX box (HP 715).  I do not _need_ the
function
declaration style to be altered, though the _option_ is nice, but I do
need
function prototypes.  I'd search the archives myself, but AOL isn't THAT
cheap.

Please e-mail any responses.  Many thanks to all pointers,

Jess Holle

1. C Prototype Creation Utility Wanted

[...]

2. CD-ROM (dumb)

3. WANTED: person to do graphics prototypes for PD "Civ II"

4. KDE user settings

5. No-prototype warning wanted from xlc

6. ? How do you stop chat/pppd (drop internet modem connection)?

7. APM_bios as loadable module

8. File creation date compare utility

9. ipchains script creation utilities: any recommendations?

10. News batch file creation utility

11. WANTED: recommendations for backup utilities

12. Wanted: GNU utility (similar to sed) to edit text files directly.